OFFICIAL 2016 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think im gonna head out tomorrow in the morning for a few, gonna take my son for the first time on the ocean hoping he can get into one!!Nice fish cohochinook!!

Ran out to the bell for 4 hrs around the high slack yesterday. Had 3 hits in 15 mins around 5pm. One of them turned out to be nice 10lbs red on a choive at 37'.

Ran out to the bell for 4 hrs around the high slack yesterday. Had 3 hits in 15 mins around 5pm. One of them turned out to be nice 10lbs red on a choive at 37'.
Nice el.Pereh; I was out around the bell between 10am and 4pm with my son and his buddy and we got soaked in the rain without anything but one hit that didn't stick on a white hootchie. Lots of fish on the sounder, but didn't want our anchovies either. Four or five other boats out there with us, including guides, but no nets out that I saw. Still a few crabs around, but not as abundant as I'd hoped.

Fished 10 to 5 pm from Caufield to west Bowen island, 4 good hits but none that stuck ,hits were by point Atkins all hits were at 90' on the rigger.
Irish cream, no bananas, lots of fish on the sounder

Fished Cowan/cape roger this morning. 1 big fat hatch coho and 4 shakers that we're all around 60cm. What a tease. Died down around noon and called it a day. Spoons down shallow. 2 shakers came up and bit the spoon while we were just dragging the line on the surface prepping the riggers. Things r heating up

Out with my 9 year old son today at the Bell from 3:30 to 6:00. Two undersize and one really nice one that didn't make it to the boat. Fought like crazy for a couple minutes and then lost it. Leader knot failed. Gotta stop drinking wine while I'm tying anchovy rigs. 45'-40' feet was where the action was for us. Current was as strong as I've ever seen it there. Saw a couple boats couldn't find their crab traps.

image.jpg Great fun at Thrasher yesterday and today while at the derby. Saw huge amounts of small Anchovies or herring. Trolled around them and couldn't keep the Coho off. Landed 9 in a couple hrs. Kept our limit and changed tactics to avoid them. Shallow and used a variety of hootchies. I think anything would have worked!

Last edited:
Quick trip out to the T10 Tuesday mid day in a buddies little 17 footer. Saw bait and tossed back a shaker at 88' on an Irish Cream.
Weather picked up so we had to head back in.

Fought some chop at cape roger this morning no dice for me. LOTS of shakers no takers.
Got an 18,10, two 9's and... undersized this morning off Bowen. Three on a herring aid and the rest on Bait. 45 to 55 feet.View attachment 28264 View attachment 28265

Going to need to grab a herring aid. Fished Bowen this morning answell. LOTS of shakers no takers. Homeland security and army truck spoons. Rods were at 29ft and 52 ft

Pacific Angler has them on backorder when I checked. Someone came and bought a bunch and they are hot spoon right now. Just because it's working doesn't mean it's the only thing they'll take.

Fished the South end of Bowen yesterday, 11:30 till 2, 4 small fish to the boat and then the Orcas showed up. Picked up and moved over to the Bell, another pod of orcas, no fish.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back