OFFICIAL 2016 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone tell me why whenever I post a photo they go up sideways? No matter what I do I can't seem to fix this?
'

Can anyone tell me why whenever I post a photo they go up sideways? No matter what I do I can't seem to fix this?
'

It probably is related to the software your phone uses to tag pictures. The moderators are aware of this issue and have made a post asking for info from people having problems posting pictures. This is the link to the thread were you can let them know what type of device you are using. Hopefully they can get the issue resolved if enough guys help with giving them the information they need.

http://www.sportfishingbc.com/forum/index.php?threads/posting-photos-help-please.63016/

I am hoping to head out today, so if anyone else is out please give a quick update if you get into anything. Seems pretty quite lately. I've often found the first 2 weeks of June very challenging fishing locally.

fishing has been good most of the year.
just got to get on them
as they have been moving around and not really stayed in one area other than HITW
at most some places have been hot for two three days
just be in the right place right time and have gear in the water .
go find the fish either through trail and error or from as good a reports as you can get.

Went fishing on Sunday and caught a keeper hatchery spring out in front of Spanish Banks. Was fishing in about 230-250 feet of water and downrigger at 96 feet. I was using a croc spoon - chrome with green stripe. First time I've used this lure (it was in tackle box I got with the boat).My first spring salmon - June 5 2016.jpg

I am hoping to head out today, so if anyone else is out please give a quick update if you get into anything. Seems pretty quite lately. I've often found the first 2 weeks of June very challenging fishing locally.
Thanks for the info. I posted my problems with uploading there. Hopefully they'll find a solution.

Spent the earlier part of the day around Bowen. Not much action besides one which was just undersized at about 30' on a purple haze with a homeland needle g. The crab trap had 3 keepers but threw a soft one back.

Longtime forum follower here. Recently made a new e-mail so thought I'd make an account. Anyway..

Was out at hole in the wall all day.. Bunch of undersized bunch of cod and one clip popper that wouldn't hold on. No keepers. Booted over to cape roger Curtis for a couple hours and nothim but more cod over there. Action was on bait and army truck spoon 60-100 ft down. 6 foot leaders. Curios what kind of leader lengths everyone else has been running with any succes?? I usually stay 5-6 feet for bait and spoons and shorten up on hoochies. Any tricks out there?

I stick with 5' with bait or spoons, don't use hoochies much. Late in the summer no matter where I am I've found success with leaders 7-10'.

Any reports on the winds today? GC marine forecast says 10-15kn and fish weather says 10-15km but weather network is saying 20-30 with stronger gusts. Not seeing much of any winds in the valley yet..

Last edited:
Any reports on the winds today? GC marine forecast says 10-15kn and fish weather says 10-15km but weather network is saying 20-30 with stronger gusts. Not seeing much of any winds in the valley yet..

I am right by Vanier Park and there is a bit of an easterly blowing....not super strong but may be a bit more in the bay. Tough to tell just looking at the trees outside my house. Atkinson weather station says E15

Pippen, any time I need current weather conditions I'll just send you note...more accurate than Windyty.

I was out on Monday and picked up a keeper (64cm) on anchovie (120ft) in 360 feet of water near QA at 1pm. Nothing the rest of the day but p-cods. Took a visitor from England out on Tuesday, bright an early but for some reason the two of us got seasick in the rolling waters near QA. Cut the day short with no salmon.

I'm heading out tomorrow out of Richmond, on the water at 7am. Fishing QA to Bell and maybe HITW. Looking for someone to fill the passenger seat (there's a thread for this, but I could not find it). I'll pay for the gas, you BYOB and BYO tackle if you can. PM me if interested. The deal is we split the crabs and salmon caught, 50/50. Preferably seasoned fisherman who have been around the forum a while.

Jeff.

Just came out of the North arm en route howe sound. 10~15 se in the straight. 10~15 e blowing out of the harbour. Some 2 ft tidal chop between pt grey and the sound, not too bad out here.

I don't fish anymore really. Having only been out 3 times this year. That's about to change as I have 6 weeks vacation coming up. However I still talk with old friends and guides on a daily basis with the odd few day stretch here and there. Fishing is very good locally based on the results of local guides. They are, for the most part, not running across. My advice to you would be to identify the Grady White Guide Ships...and fish where they are. If you're not catching fish....and there are no guides fishing where you are....get outta there!!!

Spoons of choice are what everyone is blabbing about. The Herring Aid, Irish Cream, and good ol' fashioned anchovies in some dumb painted teaser head are all working. Fish shallow...as in 1960's-1980's shallow and you should be bonking chinooks from 7-16 pounds

Tides look great this weekend but the winds forecasts look nasty as they did today. Regardless, I will going out and hopefully the weekend forceast is off.

Spent the afternoon around the harbour, south side of Bowen and toward the hump. Cloudy start but the sun poked its way through later on. Avoided the Sound because the clouds looked thick there and the forecasts looked calmer around the harbour & hump. Not much action but did get an undersized closer to the harbour on a blue uv plug at 72'. Didn't see too many fishers.

Had a great day around Tunstall yesterday. 18 to the boat, mostly undersize springs and wild coho. Got a great 9lb hatchery coho
13442314_1708539242746417_306630166243290332_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back