OFFICIAL 2015 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Out tonight for high slack with my son for a few hours... We fished from North arm towards T-10. Saw some fish on the sounder and managed to hit a beautiful 18lb spring. Got him on pink squirt at about 70 feet. My son had a fantastic time fighting his first good size salmon!

image.jpg

yup, well done. We headed down to sandheads for high slack and managed to get 3 nookie bites for our efforts. Missed one, lost one and boxed a teen. A first time salmon fisherman got to work the rods so that's my excuse for the poor conversion ratio ;) - Turned out to a beauty night will a killer sunset for our run back to false creek.

yup, well done. We headed down to sandheads for high slack and managed to get 3 nookie bites for our efforts. Missed one, lost one and boxed a teen. A first time salmon fisherman got to work the rods so that's my excuse for the poor conversion ratio ;) - Turned out to a beauty night will a killer sunset for our run back to false creek.

Thanks kingblazer84 and Tincan -- we had an awesome run back as well. Our fish was packed with little anchovy - and is now awaiting a date with the bbq!

2 for 4 on springs and released a couple pinks.

High teens was the biggest, both red.

Anchovies at the north arm.

Had a decent day at the south arm today. Landed 4 pinks and a 15lb spring. Had a spring break us off and another spit the hook after a couple good runs and also lost a handful of pinks at the boat as well.

Was out at Sandheads today. One undersized chinook and one runt hatch coho. Didn't see much pinker action.

Back at 'er tomorrow!

10lb red spring at Epsom tonight, saw a couple pinks jumping and more then a few nets out. Beauty night to be on the water!

out at T-10 yesterday from 10:30-3:30. Lost a lot due to bad fishing line, and a bunch while we were setting gear the other side would go off (insert more excuses here:) all were Reds.
IMG_1323.jpg
IMG_1326.jpg
IMG_1328.jpg

wishing, we used it all:) Ran out of anchovies, used herring, ran out, used spoons. Bon chovy was using hootchies with great success too!

Great report stones! What caught the least amount of pinks? I want to run that...lol

I'll be out tomorrow around Narm and T10, hopefully some chinooks are as well!

What length leader with hoochies are you guys running towards the south arm? (Targeting springs)

Last edited by a moderator:
New fisheries notices out in the last 30 mins. 29-6,29-7,29-9,29-10 known as the banana closing to salmon fishing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just checked my email -- fishing the banana closes at midnight tonight... There goes our Saturday plans!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So there's the bad news... any good to go with it?

The good news is that the spring fishing WAS very good... The bad news is as soon as it got hot they are shutting us down.

Maybe I will fish the banana for dog sharks.

Back