OFFICIAL 2015 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Dicking around at cates for a bit after fuelling the rig today. Lost my only buzz bomb so dropped the riggers , no pink biters but marked a bunch on the bottom so dropped the riggers and boxed a 12lb red within 5 mins in 70 feet right off the point! Nice little surprise, who knew:

Dicking around at cates for a bit after fuelling the rig today. Lost my only buzz bomb so dropped the riggers , no pink biters but marked a bunch on the bottom so dropped the riggers and boxed a 12lb red within 5 mins in 70 feet right off the point! Nice little surprise, who knew:

Nice work! Any pics? Must be a nice day on the water today

Fished to west ashore line Friday and Saturday. Had a friend and his 10 yr old son with me. On Friday hit lots of pinks and a 8lb wild coho that was released. Fished till dark and then anchored up for the night and had an awesome steak dinner. On Saturday the fishing seemed to be a bit slower. Had to pack it in about 1pm when one of the down riggers stopped working. The young guy played all the fish and ended up with 6 pinks and a hatchery coho for the 2 days. His landing rate was about 30%. Not bad for a beginner.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fished porlier from 11 til 12:30. Nada. Cruised across to sand heads from 1 til 3 to see what was up. Had one small get off right away. Then another get off close to boat, then nothing. Both on white flasher / pink squirt. Thought there would be more pinks around. Nice day on the water tho.

2 coho at high tide yesterday on hootchie and coho killer , big pocket of pinks moved it at the same time ,good little action for a bit ...east of pink at the point kept doing donuts.

Worked pt atkinson pretty hard yesterday then bailed and went to the bell just before the high slack. Picked up a feisty spring in the low teens that hit a green spackle glow herring teaser head (no flasher) at 57' in 200' at 5pm. Didnt see a lot going on around me outside of a few pinks here and there.

I was around west van yesterday too from 2-7. worked metal and anchovies with deep six divers. Didn't catch anything but had one anchovy got smashed at around high tide. Still getting the divers dialed in..

Fished the T10 to Lightship Monday. Took a noob fisher to try and scare up some pinks for fun. Never caught so many pinks in my life. Couldn't even guess how many on. It was pretty near non-stop doubles, triples, and one quad. Had to drop down to 2 lines cause it was just not manageable with a rookie crossing lines with multiple fish on. One Soco and 2 undersize springs in the mix as well. Haven't been out very much this season, but it was fun to fish the river mouth and get the dust off the gear.

Fished the mouth of the cap this morning from 9-11. Got a an 18 spring and a hatchery coho on anchovy /green teaser head at 45 on the riggers. Water was like glass for the majority of the morning.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Ah, nothing beats catching some fish on a flat sunny work day while the rest of us a bent over our keyboards! nice work realtordarious!

good to hear the cap and fraser are producing decently. I may have to sneak outta work early this week for a quick session. Keep the reports coming

Quick question about fishing for pinks. Do you use the same technique as for sockeye? i.e. dummy flashers, short leaders, pink hoochies, everything close together?

Thanks in advance.

Pinks will bite just about anything... Given sockeye is closed I would avoid dummy flashers...no need. Fish shallow as well to avoid sockeye... 50 ft max on rigger... Green hot spot and little pink hootchy 36-42 in leader...you won't be able to keep them off.

Fished t10. Pinks and sockeye frenzy on the pink hootchie. 60 feet range. Also hooked a 20 pound white spring!!! At 50 ft. Fishing is really starting to peak. Anyone hear any news on a potential sockeye opening???

Nice work at T10! I've been following the PSC fraser river report that come out on Tuedsays/Fridays and it is NOT looking good for a sockeye opening this season for the Fraser. Time will tell but at this point returns and less than expected and with the very poor river conditions (low water, hot water) I would be very surprised if there is any sort of sockeye opening at all.

Sounds like the pink and Spring fishery is going just fine however so I think us rec guys can just focus on that and be content. Things could be worse

Fished t10. Pinks and sockeye frenzy on the pink hootchie. 60 feet range. Also hooked a 20 pound white spring!!! At 50 ft. Fishing is really starting to peak. Anyone hear any news on a potential sockeye opening???

the latest

At the meeting Aug 11, the Panel approved a run size estimate of 1.7 million
Summer-run sockeye, which corresponds to the p10 pre-season forecast. At
current returns there is no abundance available to support continued First
Nations FSC sockeye directed fisheries after accounting for escapement
objectives and expected harvests

Back