OFFICIAL 2015 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Well done BB.

We had a similiar outing at the South Arm. Hooked into four nice Springs and woulda got them all if handles didn't break on a huge run and a friend wasn't so slow to let go. Plus a couple Pinks all caught on Pink gear.RT Spring Aug 15, 2015.jpgAud, keith Tristan Aug 15:15.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I was out today for few hours hoping to get some spring, but end up with 4 pinks in the boat and lost one. anchovies @80'.

I was thinking of heading out earlier on tomorrow but the forecast doesn't look approving for my 16 ft tin. Although the currents are going with the winds, it's a Northwesterly...

Fished west Vancouver from the fisheries building to the cap mouth and only had 2 pinks to the boat at 40' on a white hootchie and a small coho on a coho killer at 55'. We saw other boats jigging in front of the pink building but didn't see any nets out. Marked a few bait loops and some good size fish on the sonar between 20-60' but no bites for us until after 9 o'clock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was thinking of heading out earlier on tomorrow but the forecast doesn't look approving for my 16 ft tin. Although the currents are going with the winds, it's a Northwesterly...
I took this week off, but looks like I'm going to work instead.
Maybe Thursday inless the wind reports change.

I'm off this week too, but I didn't go this am because of the wind. I sure hope it dies down this week so we can have another crack at those springs.

Sounds like fishing was pretty good for many on the weekend. I didn't bump into multiple springs, but I took a "new to the salt" angler out on Saturday and lucked out with one solid smash off the clip @ 53' on an Iron Needle @ Sand Heads.

Great water and the sun was out for most of the afternoon and evening. Just another day in Beautiful BC!

18#

This is what I'm going to go by. Doesn't look like a big deal, haven't fished in closer than that anyway.
P.s. If I'm off with my closure areas, please let me know.
View attachment 19676

Darn it, thought the whole area was closed and cancelled my trip on the weekend. Did will last Thursday out there fishing area 29-3 and 29-4. Going to have to take a day off work this week.

Sounds like fishing was pretty good for many on the weekend. I didn't bump into multiple springs, but I took a "new to the salt" angler out on Saturday and lucked out with one solid smash off the clip @ 53' on an Iron Needle @ Sand Heads.

Great water and the sun was out for most of the afternoon and evening. Just another day in Beautiful BC!

18#

Nice fish FB! Looks a lot like the reds we got on the weekend. My son is pumped to get out there again!

Wish I was out there....unfortunately the banana is closed.
Effective at 23:59 Friday, August 14, 2015 until further notice, fishing for
salmon is not permitted in Subareas 29-6, 29-7, 29-9 and 29-10 and the tidal
waters of the Fraser River.

Sunday the bite was fast and furious. T10

Attachments

• 20150816_122559.jpg
    20150816_122559.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 980
Gongshow,

29-3 is fair game and where a majority of the fishing is done between the north and south arm anyways.

Fish west of the line the the north arm jetty and sand heads lighthouse form and you're all good.

Sure am tired of the wind and the few chances to get out on the river front. Again this AM blowing 27 to 35 off the airport at 8 am. Forecast to 30 knots again today, keeps us valley folks away completely. Just to much work and not worth it. Sure wish this HP system would Leave for the rest of the season.

Crossing my fingers hopping for more opportunity to come. Some biggies being taken just north of us ...... They are on their way ......

Good luck to all.

We'll be be heading off the Sandheads tomorrow. Wondering if anyone has any reports from Pender Harbour/Sunshine Coast area as debating heading up early for a family reunion and incorporating some fishing.

Back