O-FISH-ALL 2014 Vancouver, Howe Sound, Sunshine Coast Reports Thread!

Thx for the link to the weather station. The app FishWeather uses all of the available stations and puts them in a chart form... very easy to use and has forecasts, history etc. Between Navionics, Shralp Tide, Big Wave Dave and Fishweather I think all of the tides, wind, etc are covered. Even with all this info it's quick often much different actual conditions than what one expects sometimes. If you don't have the apps listed above I highly recommend getting them... all free other than Navionics.

Nice fish BTW! I'm yet to pick up a spring on Sox gear but will target them next time I'm tubbed outta sox (or close to it) with some time to spare. How was the afternoon bite today people? and weather?

Got out last night around 5, bagged one right away then the rookie crew lost another 5. Still some big schools of sockeye out there around the sandheads.

We had a great trip over to Sandheads and ended up with our limit of fish up to 12 pounds.

The forecast talked about a big blow in the afternoon and wow they were wrong. I've never seen it that flat.

Attachments

• IMG_3599.jpg
    IMG_3599.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 652
  • IMG_3607.jpg
    IMG_3607.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 650
Anyone out at North or South Arm this morning? We were going to head to the shore....but as one guy coming over the bridge just said it's like a parking lot we may head out North or South Arm.

Last edited by a moderator:
You have to know Lucky, he wants desperately to be an American.
I did however see the fish, pretty effing sweet, close to a tyee if it isn't all that.

Shouldn't you and Johnson be on the bricks lucky?

Just got confirmation that lucky was able to put another tyee into his wimpy net
37.9 lb Marble... Again he passes the rod, what a nice guy

We have been out three times in the last 10 days. Each trip we have limited on sox, but have had increasing difficulty each trip....trick is to find the depth they are biting at....we have found it was the bottom level of the large schools on the sounder...two days ago it was down to 158 feet on the rigger...today it was 110 feet. Today we left the Island ramp ( Crofton) at 6:30 AM...fishing at 7:30 Am and immediately caught two 14 lb. chinook( white) at 80 feet on pink gear with a green / silver flasher. Very quickly the sockeye stopped jumping ini close and disappeared from the sounder. After a while ( slow learners) we moved out to the crowd way out into the Strait with many jumpers showing out there...we finished with our limit by 12:30 PM fishing at 115 feet. We were mainly using the old red / silver Hot Spot flashers with a hot red hootchie and blue hook, but will be out on Saturday and probably will try a few green flashers to start with based on what we saw today.

Solo effort this morning at the NArm. Was tough to fish but did manage a few tangles, kicker konking out, a sock and two dingers over 20. All fish on the same setup, red hotspot with gold/silver and a Mike bait. 95' out in about 350'.

What leader lengths are you guys rocking springs on? I'm at 20" right now. Has worked great for sox but no spring action yet.

Managed to pick up a couple yesterday, my 5 and 7 yr. old granddaughters were thrilled! Lots of excited squealing happening, different atmosphere on the vessel :)

First one 90 seconds after the 7 yr. old "chummed" the water, she was a trooper after voiding her breaky :>( Her line for each of the two we boated "We're good!"

And yes they also both wore pink hats, quite the fishing fashion statement.

Where would I launch to fish south arm ? Was going to head down try to catch last bit of run here .

Back