O-FISH-ALL 2014 Vancouver, Howe Sound, Sunshine Coast Reports Thread!

Didn't get out till around 9:30 partly due to a big delay in getting gas at the Steveston Chevron dock.
River was quite rough heading out but again was reasonable once out at Sandheads. We had consistent action throughout late morning albeit not like last weekend with about 12 on and boxed 7. Died off around 2 and we packed it in. Couple we had out were first timers and had a blast.
Water was getting even calmer as we were heading in though the river was rough again between Steveston and Ladner.
Still no springs for us unfortunately.
Shouldn't there be coho and chum around now as well?

I did the North Arm. As others have said huge amount of fish on the sounder and jumping. They do seem to be off the bite. Got my 4 at 9:30 but went 4 for 4. Two of them went off while I was talking to passing boats and they pointed them out. Went through huge schools without a bite but seemed to anoy them into hitting by turning around.

Pretty slow today, only seen one fish landed at 630am nothing since, started at north arm, now at t10 for springs and sockeye. No luck yet.

Pretty slow today, only seen one fish landed at 630am nothing since, started at north arm, now at t10 for springs and sockeye. No luck yet.

I accidentally slept in after a late night...:eek:

Buddy is is out at Sandheads and got 4 early including a triple but said it quieted down after 8am. Orcas apparently just rolled through.

The water is boiling with Coho jumping off West Vancouver... I've almost had a few jump into my boat but zero luck with an bites.. Seems the same with everyone I ask....

Quite the show however...

I should also add that there are 50+ boats at the mouth of the cap... Bit of a gong show show I left.... Big boats really did not place nice with me in a small inflatable...

I accidentally slept in after a late night...:eek:

Buddy is is out at Sandheads and got 4 early including a triple but said it quieted down after 8am. Orcas apparently just rolled through.

The lack of dedication is pitiful ;)

I was at the Sandheads this am. Not as many boats out as on weekends recently past, it seems. We got three right at about 8:30 am. We followed up with another two in the Fraser wash at around 10am and that was it for us; right about when the orca pod went by. Fished until 12 and had to leave to get to my daughter's soccer game. Flat calm trolling and nice morning. Sox jumping everywhere (chuck and river) and lots of nets in the Fraser.

North arm and t10 were pretty painful. The odd jumper but no love for me today. Out on some spring gear and had one popper, gone when I got to the rod. Sockeye must be dwindling. I did hear the south arm had some fish this morning, should have been there!

Got our 12 socks today at sandheads. Action was a little slower than last weekend but enough biters for our limit. Fished 6:30 am to 10 a.m.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Hi Tightlines...what was the magic depth?? I 've found that to be the key factor in the last four times there in two weeks...we have been mostly 100 to 120 feet on the downrigger.

We were mainly 95 ft on the riggers...but probably 25 ft of dummies below our gear. So effectively probably 60-70 ft. We were trolling fast until we found the large schools....then slowing right down to 1.3 to 1.5 mph

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

My Wife was also at Elton John @ Rogers..she never miss him...as usual he rocks..okay I'll give u the pass...:)

Out this morning early @ north arm , lots of jumpers & orcas moved on to t10. Jumpers and orcas again. Didn't manage a bite...

Last two weekends I've been at the Jericho sailing Club on Saturday afternoon 2-4 pm enjoying a few cools ones. Can't believe the number of jumpers 100 yards off shore. Give me a casting rod and I'n sure I'd nail a few Socks right off shore there.

Back