O-FISH-ALL 2014 Vancouver, Howe Sound, Sunshine Coast Reports Thread!

Fishing the cap yesterday afternoon no springs but 3 coho all on chovie. The forth one was just a little bigger than the chovie itself.

Trolled T-10 south to the sandheads last night. Not a lot showing on the sounder. Anyone have any luck at the Fraser mouth yet?

Trolled T-10 south to the sandheads last night. Not a lot showing on the sounder. Anyone have any luck at the Fraser mouth yet?

Guides have been targeting that area on and off since the opening during the evenings looking to discover their own Intell...and burning money on fuel having a look.nope, NOpe...Nada yet. considerable effort invested...enough to give a yay or nay. west van is grand central station. Be there early and around tide changes with anchovies for the runt 3-4 pounders. Small choves are the way to go.

Guides have been targeting that area on and off since the opening during the evenings looking to discover their own Intell...and burning money on fuel having a look.nope, NOpe...Nada yet. considerable effort invested...enough to give a yay or nay. west van is grand central station. Be there early and around tide changes with anchovies for the runt 3-4 pounders. Small choves are the way to go.

I haven't been out in a week and a half on this side as I have been fishing Sooke, but last Saturday when I was out in Vancouver it looked like a lot of guide boats were at Hole in the Wall...

I don't blame them, as we hooked into 3 good springs in 4 hours, all of which were teens.

New to Vancouver though.... maybe I am missing something and the Squamish fish have now moved on?

Fished the T-10 back to the south arm today from 7am till noon. Couple other boats out there nothing but dogfish for us. Should pick up in the next 10 days or so.

ybeme4yh.jpg

Only pic I took this weekend will take more but this little guy took a 5 1/4 chovie

Fished from 6 - 10 Sunday...one coho in the box, lost another something. One on a spoon and the other to bait. Fished all depths but hooked up on the two at 47 and then 53 on the rigger. Dipped a lot of different gear too so no lack of effort. Not nearly as active as Friday morning was for me.

Friday morning was awesome... Sunday not so much... I was fishing in shallow 30ft of water (As I had lots of success on Friday) and did not get a bite on Sunday (6am - 12pm) and had to battle the crap weather.
Was using Hoochies both days and even tried some different lures on Sunday with no luck!

I was just gonna see how the T-10 and SH have been?
Canso?? Pulling anything outta the mud yet, hopefully make it out for this weekend.

GB

Nice evening on the water tonight, but no fish. Trolled the WVan shoreline from the DFO facility to the pink apartment and back, just after high slack. Saw some stuff on the sounder but couldn't entice them to bite. I'll have to get some anchovies and try being out early

late posting but I had 3 springs on in 2 hrs on a low slack trolling at 60 feet at the south arm last thurs. 2 pin poppers also. lost 2 and bagged one red trolling at 60 feet. had a double header also! I forgot my salmon net and only had my trout net so that's why I lost the 2. I ended up tailing the one I kept just like on TV!!! chaos.

Fished QA, BB and the North Arm on Sunday am. Had QA all to ourselves on the slack tide - perhaps that should have been a sign. Marked fish at all three locations, but no luck with herring or spoons.

Spent some time around west van tonight - off pink apartment... Saw a few fish on the sounder, had one strike - but nothing else... Fished until low slack.

Got blanked off the North Arm-Bellbuoy this afternoon. Heard of a single 18 pounder taken on a 1 bite troll this morning.

Local guide I know who is a very good rod fished for Chinook off the Fraser Mouth this morning...no luck. Another guide on recon fished south and the Bell looking for springs....no love.

However West Vancouver has been on fire for local guides yesterday and today. Fish shallow with small anchovies behind flashers in the shallows. pressure change and the little moisture drops so far have seriously turned it on. A few springs in the mix too.

Local guide I know who is a very good rod fished for Chinook off the Fraser Mouth this morning...no luck. Another guide on recon fished south and the Bell looking for springs....no love.

Hmm, I think I am going to head their for the big tide swing on Sat and see what I can drag outta the sand...

I suppose these pics fit here since it's where a lot of local guys launch.

As you can see the new float is in and there's a bit of doubtful looking cement for a ramp-that stuff won't last long IMNSHO.

IMGP3491_zps6a4bd84b.jpg

new & flimsy looking
IMGP3492_zps45f66258.jpg

IMGP3493_zps8bd16fe7.jpg

IMGP3494_zps267305a1.jpg

the sort of thing that tore up the old float
IMGP3495_zpse30cc8fe.jpg

the old east float
IMGP3496_zps923309d3.jpg

Back