O-FISH-ALL 2014 Vancouver, Howe Sound, Sunshine Coast Reports Thread!

Took a slight detour and fished for an hour an a half at the T-10 on the way to Salt Spring tonight. No salmon and little marked on the sounder ... should have detoured to West Van instead.

Dozen boats grinding it out at the South arm
Haven't seen much action cept some socks jumping.

Nice day though

Many boats on the west van shoreline today. We tried everything to no avail. Perhaps 50 or more boats and never saw a net out.

We did West Van for a few hours, got 1 small coho. Moved to Hole in the Wall fished all the way to just down past the tennis courts where both myself and a Striper hooked into a trap rope with a couple of hundred feet of extra line floating all around it. That was a bit of a mess for both our boats to deal with. Trolled back to Horseshoe. Nothing else for us there. So ran over to the Bell and spent a few hours there getting 1 shark. Ran 4 lines and lots of different gear. We tried, Tough out there.

Harry was that you i was on the green nriver we talked quick as we pass no fish for us .saw one netted right beside us no more than ten feet away

I'm going to give it a go tomorrow... The anchovies are in a brine solution and the alarm is set for 4am... Probably going to take 3 rods minimum so I can try various tackle off West Vancouver. I will update later...

I'm going to give it a go tomorrow... The anchovies are in a brine solution and the alarm is set for 4am... Probably going to take 3 rods minimum so I can try various tackle off West Vancouver. I will update later...

yup that's my plan lol

Fished west van today. Hit 2 cohos on green splatter back hoochie landed 1. More prawns made up for the lack luster fishing... try again tomorrow and repeat.

Yeah total grind, didn't see any nets, in the end there had to be 20 plus boats.
Dodged FN nets all the way home, old commie where I moor told me they were getting
Eff all as well, yard work and wait a week is my MO

Caught a nice 18 lb Spring at HITW about 2:30 on a spoon at 60ft.
upe3aby5.jpg

Fished pt Atkinson to the cap and all in between for the entire afternoon today, no bites. Saw a poor guy stuck in the sand at the new launch at vanaier park. Felt bad for him, but launching there on such a low tide in a mini van type of vehicle with no 4x4 is a bad call. On a positive note let's hope the fishing fires up tomorrow

Had hopes of being on the water by 5am, but couldn't do it on 2 hours of sleep. Had the lines down at 7:45 near QA and trolled to the North Arm and back on bait and spoon in 150-300 feet of water, lines at 60-100. Pulled up and headed to West Van with the rest of the forum and washed some more spoons and hoochies in 68-110 feet of water. Headed towards Bell and gave up shortly after 12:30. Somebody must be feeding these fish at night!

Back