O-FISH-ALL 2014 Vancouver, Howe Sound, Sunshine Coast Reports Thread!

Fished west van shoreline this morn. Lines in the water around 6. Had two limits of coho by 730. Lost two others but nothing big. I forgot how good those little coho tasted. Buddies first coho ever and is hooked. Between 40-60 ft, both spoons and bait. Worked for me. Died after 8am and packed it in around 930.

Picked up 4 coho and lost a good sized spring we saw but broke off. Didn't get out until about 1030 or so and had the action between the flats, pink and cap light station. 60 ft with spoon and uv white hoochy worked well, the spring took a chovie.

Can someone give me a general idea of what runs will be around during September for fishing? (coho or chinook? Cap run, or grazer run?)

Thanks

Chinook,coho and sockeye should be still around at the start. Sept is the main event off the cap.

We had our limit and a high teen RED spring couple days ago.
Early bite , we were in our way in before any boats came out.
Lots of fish marking.
they just need to get hungier.
maybe this rain will increase the appetite.

Where abouts were you fishing Capt. hook?

the Ambleside Totem , but buddies got a few west of Pink later on , there are fish scattered all along the shoreline.
just gotta be there for that bite. Morning bite was before sun came up.

Had 7 coho to the boat today (pink app). Took the kitchen sink, green white glo apex no flasher and a gold sparkly hoochie all in 20 to 23 feet of water.

Fished HITW today. Saw one guy lose one and another guy snag a seal. No fish for us. Fished from 830-2. Launched at sunny side very scary too steep for my 2 wheel drive . Horseshoe bay is no Good either as a first come first serve type thing. I will keep searching for a decent launch and the fish!

Fished HITW today. Saw one guy lose one and another guy snag a seal. No fish for us. Fished from 830-2. Launched at sunny side very scary too steep for my 2 wheel drive . Horseshoe bay is no Good either as a first come first serve type thing. I will keep searching for a decent launch and the fish!

I know the guy who lost the one to a seal. Was a 20 plus pounder. He had another good sized fish on as well but it got off. Another boat fishing the wall hit a 15 on a Glow hoochy and a 14 on an Army Truck.

Lots of a coho off West Van in close to shore...ie 25-40 feet of water.. Anchovies in a 5 foot leaders, , mini white hoochies on a 27 inch leader. Hot Depths are 22-32 feet at a fast troll.

By the way, new docks and ramp improvements are underway at Vanier so there is an alternative launch coming up shortly.

Vancouver Pile and Dredge is under contract as one of the contractors. The West docks are being replaced and should be complete by the end of next week and the East ramp is up after that. Probably some pressure to make something happen prior to the Fireworks.

By the way, new docks and ramp improvements are underway at Vanier so there is an alternative launch coming up shortly....Vancouver Pile and Dredge is under contract as one of the contractors. The West docks are being replaced and should be complete by the end of next week and the East ramp is up after that. Probably some pressure to make something happen prior to the Fireworks.
OK Thanks for that I wondered what was happening there.

Got out for afternoon shift west van. Had 1 pin popper and 1 hatch coho on white hootchie at the pink apartments. Prawns to finish off the day too...

Got out for afternoon shift west van. Had 1 pin popper and 1 hatch coho on white hootchie at the pink apartments. Prawns to finish off the day too...

Steely, I made a few tacks past you this afternoon, was in the white boat with the raw aluminum hardtop w/ 3 big windows....your boat looked awesome out there. Nice work!

We weren't as 'lucky'...6 hours and the only bite for us was from a piece of sea weed. Ran from Cap beyond fisheries, worked the shallows, deeps, around the freighters, couldn't drum up a taker.

Thanks man. Your boat looks mean with the hardtop. Marked tones of bait and fish again but still slow out there

We got two coho on, lost both, around the pink apartments, early in shallow. Then we hooked a decent spring in 30' of water towards West Bay, a seal took a real fancy to that one. We managed to wrestle our gear back but he kept the fish. That was it for our morning. All action in 20- 30' of water, all on bait and all between 7-9.

Last edited by a moderator:
We went 1 for 2 on cohos this a.m. off the Pink Apartments. Lost the second one when I got lazy, left the downrigger down and we had the fish wrap itself around the braid as we were going to net it. Then got frustrated and trolled towards the Cap and bottom bounced anchovies for spring. Caught 4 dogfish and each time a different Mr. Whiskers popped up right behind the dogfish ... watching the seal not grab the dogfish almost made up for catching the dogfish. Think we need some whales to clear the area of the seals before the spring start showing up.

Try Mcdonald park

Fished from 6 - 10 Sunday...one coho in the box, lost another something. One on a spoon and the other to bait. Fished all depths but hooked up on the two at 47 and then 53 on the rigger. Dipped a lot of different gear too so no lack of effort. Not nearly as active as Friday morning was for me.

Back