O-FISH-ALL 2014 Vancouver, Howe Sound, Sunshine Coast Reports Thread!

Fished Cap river to Pink Apts and all along West van 8-5 on Monday, no bites, didn't see anyone else bring any in either

Tried all depths, anchovie, spoon and hootchies

Gower Point to Camp Bing yesterday, 2 Boats , 4 Rods, anchovies, pesca & coyote spoon, hoochies (didn't have a kitchen sink or that would have gone into the water a well, 60 - 180 ft, 6 AM - 11 AM...one 8 inch shaker & 1/2 dozen dogfish.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fished on a friends boat between Ambleside Pier and tankers just west of Dunderave last night between 5:30 - 9:30 without any luck. Had one bite just as we were bringing up the final rod and unfortunatley no hookup but a completely bitten off anchoive (all I had was the head) on a Jughead with the single hook.

Feels like I need to run a dual hook setup like on a previous page or a small elastic band to hold the hook close to the anchoive so the fish don't keep stealing the bait :(

Really hoping West Van picks up soon like it was 2 weeks ago (July 18th) when I could not keep the Coho off my hook.

Hoping to get back out in my little inflatable on August 1st!

Fished the T10 to the south arm yesterday. There was half dozen boats out there. Burned some gas and a pack of bait nothing but dogfish. There was a line of commercial boats that stretched from the south arm almost to the north arm.

Caught one off Tofino! With the size of the expected run...I think he was bringing up the rear for those that were taking the "long way home". ;)

Have to to release over there...he'll be here in 3rd week of August. :p

****This post is full of sarcasm.

Caught one off Tofino! With the size of the expected run...I think he was bringing up the rear for those that were taking the "long way home". ;)

Have to to release over there...he'll be here in 3rd week of August. :p

****This post is full of sarcasm.

Knock off the sarcasm, we don't need any of that around here.! :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw some jumping at high tide last Friday in the river (canoe pass).
Banana opens Sunday, not the first

Bring on the $hit show!!

Going to be a whole lot of people catching zippo for the first while because if you're not on a school, you are wasting time. Spend fuel and find them. Intell in the early part of this opening is key. Tin foil hats, secret channels etc may be required...lol

Going to be a whole lot of people catching zippo for the first while because if you're not on a school, you are wasting time. Spend fuel and find them. Intell in the early part of this opening is key. Tin foil hats, secret channels etc may be required...lol

ROC not required
imagesPA6X3ZNF.jpg

You gonna get out or polish the herd o' 'stangs???? ;)

We're out first light Saturday....not specifically for Sox but will be working the lines for something but dogfish. :p

If you are going to sit at home and do gardening call my company and we will take care of it while we rip some lips. Sorry looks like I can not advertise my company as someone got there butt chewed on this forum. Fishing on the other hand I know what I'm doing and I have been lucky the last couple weeks. Coho around the cap hit hard while trolling faster than normal. Sounds like everyone is using the right stuff tho. I don't want to come off cocky just lucky. Only coho in the box and no springs for about a month locally. Looking to chat with a few members on the water but I guess the tin boats don't get attention. If you see me out there give a shout out.

I'll be out Saturday, watch for the glimmer off the tinfoil

Back