2005 F-350XLT SUPERCREW(FX4) 4WD LWB DIESEL
100 thousand km's
for 18,000
Good deal or not?
thinking of buying.

cheers

sounds decent, defiently not a rip off.
i just got a 2005 f250 supercab 2wd with 10000kms (not 100, 10) for 20

Also check the overload springs in the back. If they are heavily worn where the rubber pieces hang down then you know the vehicle has been abused or at least used to haul very heavy loads. Another way to tell is to check the welds on the radiators. F350s are notorious for having cracks around the rad if the vehicle has been pounded off road. Check the oip pan for dents and the underside for tell tale marks of gravel road abuse. If the vehicle is from Alberta I would advise you to pass. I was told the guys who work the oil patch don't turn off their vehicles so it may only have 100 000 km but might have 5 times that in running time. Just my 2 cents.

I just ran into a guy yesterday who bought himself a brand new Ford F150.

He says that the dealership knocked $10,000 off the price - over 1/3 of the price!

If I were in the market for a new P/U truck, I would check the dealerships for in stock vehicles. They are more than willing to deal as they can't give the things away right now.

Jim's Fishing Charters
www.JimsFishing.com
http://ca.youtube.com/user/Sushihunter250

I think in 2003 they went with the 6.0 engine. Heard about problems with the crank ever 100k. The old 7.3 engines are way better and should run for 350 – 400K km. The engines are completely different and I don’t think I would own one. You might want to look for a newer Dodge, or do your self a favor and buy a new F150. Now that’s a nice truck.
I have a 1995 F250 4x4 Power Stroke with 250K and it pulls real good. GLG

Price is great for the 05, if like others are saying checks out.
Check the hours on the dash meter.
I just turned 100,000 k's and sit at about 1500 hours on the motor.
Some of the trucks I ran in Alberta were around 6000 hours plus with only 65,000 k's on them.
I'm asking $28,000 for mine with about 3000.00 worth of extras, so won't be selling mine anytime soon!!!!
the 05 6.0 liter turbos haven't had the issues that the 03's had when they first came out mid that year.
Lots of choice out there for diesels and prices vary alot......good luck.

boc

Back