New to me Boat!

Loved following this thread you did a helluva job on that boat I've got a real soft spot for hourstons use it and enjoy it

Right on EFG awesome to see it out on the water. Congrats on a great looking resto and thanks for taking us along on the build, really enjoyed it.

Enjoy the fruits of your labour.

Like bigreel said I picked the boat up yesterday and towed her home! This morning I rigged her all up and took her on the maiden voyage. This is a big boat and getting it on and off the trailer with one person was manageable but a little nerve racking! I’m sure it will get easier but my other boats have all been smaller and not required power to drive onto the trailer.

Boat handled great and has lots of power with the 300 verado.

At 4000 rpm I was cruising at 23 knots and burning 10 gallon/hr. I’m happy with these numbers.

Top speed was 37 knots at 6200 rpm.

This was with just me, a full tank of fuel and some fishing gear. The shop guys said they had it up to 47 mph so maybe the chop was slowing me down a bit.

I dropped the lines for about 10 min and was rewarded with the first fish on the new rig! A 69cm spring.

The plan is to take the family out tomorrow again, I’m exited to take them out!

Oh, and the diesel heater is a game changer! I had it running with the back door open the entire time and it was keeping it at 13 Celsius. Coming in after catching the fish and warming my hands on the hot air vent is awesome!

Anyways, thanks for following the build. I’ll see you guys out on the water!

View attachment 43597 View attachment 43596 View attachment 43595
Sweet and your fuel numbers should improve a bit once the main motet gets broken in

Look at that thing. Wow!

Congrats on the build. I am jealous because that is the boat I want.

But then Gary ( Albernifisher)got one and it changed everything...LOLOL:p

At least I can tell your boats apart.

Unreal ride, should eat up the chop off Nanaimo well! What are your thoughts on the new merc-pro kicker? I've always found our 9.9 yamaha to be lacking in power when fishing off Nan during a big tide.

Unreal ride, should eat up the chop off Nanaimo well! What are your thoughts on the new merc-pro kicker? I've always found our 9.9 yamaha to be lacking in power when fishing off Nan during a big tide.

Can’t really comment on it yet as I only ran it for 0.5hrs so far. It seemed to have more then enough power but for the first hour it says not to take it over half throttle. That said I had no problem controlling the boat and maintaining 2.2-2.5 knots even into the wind at maybe 1/3 throttle.

Congratulations! Sweet rig. Cant help but notice your tie bar to the kicker. Who makes it and where did you get it?

Congratulations! Sweet rig. Cant help but notice your tie bar to the kicker. Who makes it and where did you get it?

The tie rod is just a piece of stainless 3/8 reddi rod with 3/8 fuel line over top. It then has a swivel knuckle joint threaded on at either end. I’m sure most shops have this. But I’ve purchased them at Alberni power and marine as well as PY marine.

Gorgeous boat. How did the self bailing deck work out?

Hey Brian,

I’m sure that the self bailing deck caused me many sleepless nights and was one of my biggest worries! Luckily everything worked out! With a full tank of fuel and the boat sitting at the dock the scuppers are a few inches above the water. If you look at the picture of it sitting in the water the scuppers are just above the bottom paint line. With just me on the boat I could here the ping pong ball moving around in there cups when the waves would slap up against the hull but no water came in.

The big test will be in a couple weeks with four grown men in the boat!

Hey Brian,

I’m sure that the self bailing deck caused me many sleepless nights and was one of my biggest worries! Luckily everything worked out! With a full tank of fuel and the boat sitting at the dock the scuppers are a few inches above the water. If you look at the picture of it sitting in the water the scuppers are just above the bottom paint line. With just me on the boat I could here the ping pong ball moving around in there cups when the waves would slap up against the hull but no water came in.

The big test will be in a couple weeks with four grown men in the boat!
That's fantastic. Getting that self bailing to work is such an awesome addition to a classic boat.

Back