New to me Boat!

I wouldn’t ever want to risk spilling even a drop of diesel in my boat, as diesel stinks and is hard to get rid of smell. I’m not to familiar with kerosene, is it easily available and what’s the odour like if spilt? I hear it burns cleaner

I wouldn’t ever want to risk spilling even a drop of diesel in my boat, as diesel stinks and is hard to get rid of smell. I’m not to familiar with kerosene, is it easily available and what’s the odour like if spilt? I hear it burns cleaner

I spilt a bit when filling the tank... the smell was mostly dissipated the next morning. From now on I’ll fill the tank outside the boat. Kerosine is available at CT in 9.5 litre jugs for $30. Or you can get 4 litres at the marine store for $25...

Were you able to run several vents, like one to the windshield and one in cubby?

I have one vent to the windshield that rotates 360 degrees at the moment.. I plan on running another vent with a T that splits between my feet and the cuddy area that Can be closed off at either side to direct airflow as needed.

I noticed the hatch in front of the transom looks like it sticks up quite a bit in the picture.Is that permanent? It's little tripping hazards like that,that can drive you nuts when working your gear.I know it's not easy to make it flush,but it can be done.Maybe try it for a while and see if you can live with it.Love watching your progress,your going to love the ride.

@Rayvon the hatch sticks up 5/8 of a inch. It is already Sitka flexed and screwed in place. I didn’t feel like it was a issue while I have been in there so far but if it becomes one I will address it at that time. I can hardly wait to get this thing in the water and test it out!

@Stizzla I thought I would bring your question out of the fishing thread and answer it here. Both motors are now mounted! The guys are taking a little break from it to finish up prep for the boat show. Once that’s complete They are going to finish it up and it will finally be home for the family day weekend! I will take it out a couple times to make sure all the bugs are worked out and the it’s off to the loggers derby!

91F74778-3C86-40A3-9499-6016A1C0BBDF.jpeg

@Rayvon the hatch sticks up 5/8 of a inch. It is already Sitka flexed and screwed in place. I didn’t feel like it was a issue while I have been in there so far but if it becomes one I will address it at that time. I can hardly wait to get this thing in the water and test it out!

@Stizzla I thought I would bring your question out of the fishing thread and answer it here. Both motors are now mounted! The guys are taking a little break from it to finish up prep for the boat show. Once that’s complete They are going to finish it up and it will finally be home for the family day weekend! I will take it out a couple times to make sure all the bugs are worked out and the it’s off to the loggers derby!

View attachment 43192
Looks like a very nice shop

Man that whole rig is going to be awesome. I think the Verado will be a great compliment to the rig. Looking forward to seeing the running numbers when you get out on the water.

Oly

Really like all the work you've done.The sea trial should put a smile on your face after all the hard work and leaky bank account.:)

On the Espar thing I run Kerosene exclusively in mine and have been since I bought it 4 years ago. It is about double the price of diesel but let's face it, burning a cup of kerosene per hour on fully power is not the real expense on a ocean fishing boat! It is amazing how clean it burns, I can put my finger in the exhaust when it isn't running and there is absolutely no soot at all, it runs so clean. when I bought it the previous owner ran diesel and it was all plugged up and didn't work well, I had to clean it out. No problems since then. I like reliability. It stinks less too when you burn it, but you do still smell it.

Just twiddling my thumbs over here trying not to blow a gasket thinking about all the salmon restrictions...

Had the guys over at signage design me up a boat logo. I haven’t fully committed yet but this one was the one I liked the best out of the samples they provided me. As you can see I decided to keep the original name. What do you guys think?

I sure hope the weather warms up a bit next week as I’m supposed to pick the boat up but don’t want to haul it over the hump in a snow storm!

6EE2CC17-FDCF-4C8B-B4B4-54C381986034.jpeg

That m
Just twiddling my thumbs over here trying not to blow a gasket thinking about all the salmon restrictions...

Had the guys over at signage design me up a boat logo. I haven’t fully committed yet but this one was the one I liked the best out of the samples they provided me. As you can see I decided to keep the original name. What do you guys think?

I sure hope the weather warms up a bit next week as I’m supposed to pick the boat up but don’t want to haul it over the hump in a snow storm!

View attachment 43375

That may look pretty sweet across the back transom

Back