New Fishing Store

Tailspin

There is a new fishing tackle etc. store slated to open in Febuary beside the Boston Pizza in Langford. Two very knowledgable firefighters are starting it up. Should be nice to not have to run in to town to get the last minute things.

Great,since its in Langford there proably won't be a dress code meaning we can get served wearing our Langford leisure suits [stanfields,and baseball hats],This is good news.DAN

Oh don't worry about the cores,there are plenty of small buisness men in Langford who will stop by with their stainless steel carts.The franchises are just starting up out here.DAN

Who are you referring to as Island I,s??

If it is Outfitters let me be the first to defend them. They have always treated me well and I concider their customer service top notch.
They have done very well to start off small and grow to what they now have. Fishing, hunting, charters, accomodation on Cowichan River and in Renfrew. They started their business when no other quality fishing store was around and took on sales of fire arms when others got out.
There are not many businesses now days that are appropriately staffed and you get offered help every time you are in the store. Also to have owners actively working on the sales floor... even on weekends.

I agree competition is a good thing. I also live in Langford and welcome a shop to the area. It will be great to have a local store and I will likely shop at both.

No need to slag a good business though.

Tips

Business is not as easy as it looks. Never been there but Tips Up sounds like a strait shooter. Best of luck to the new guys and the established as ones as well.

I am looking forward to the new store. Close by and hopefully it will be a helpful place to shop. Nothing like getting down to earth advice and assistance. Lets hope the prices are good so we can support a local store, while making the trip to town expensive and unnecessary. :)I.I.

Well I think it's good you defend them. Personally I do not share the same opinion. Nor do any of the guys I fish and hunt with. We find them arrogant and way over priced. Again just an opinion, nothing more. Although one shared with more than a few people. The fact that they are still around and doing well is testament that I am not in the majority. ok....just spent my 2 cents.

I buy the majority of my goodies in larger quantities at Trotac when i have permission from my finance manager aka the lil' lady, however i have had to get some last minute stuff at other stores in town wich is a pain in the arse with fitters being so close to the Red Dog. I do however look forward to having a closer location to the fish stomping grounds. The new shop is alegedly going to have some good suppliers online wich will make all the diffrence in pricing i tend to think. Convenience of this store being en-route to the boat could cause adverse effects for many a marriage! This information is second hand through a friend who works with these guys, my intentions are not to bash on any other fishing store!

hmm LC...think they need to tear down all the houses in behind for trailer parking then...then they'd be rockin..

As for me, I jog right by it...that could put a damper on my pace.

One day when the lottery gods smile on me I'll open my dream shop...

Big full line fishing/hunting store. Gas station out front with car wash built to drive truck and boat in to both , Tim Horton's within for sitting around talking fishing while the fishing network plays on a few screens. Drive through around back where you can order your Timmy's double/ double and a couple packs of anchovies to go!:D

Get you heading out for your gas/ bait and Timmy's, get you on the way back for a truck and boat wash, refill on the Timmy's and a bull sh**t on how the day went.

Till then I gotta get back to work :(

Tips

I wish those guys well it's a tough business.

My experience is that local wholesalers are too expensive, much too expensive and that really hurts the retailers.[V]

Back