New chinook regs for early fraser river run!!!

Good luck rollie!. You are a guide so you might have some say, but the rest of the SFAB as whole could give 2 *****. As a sportfisherman the fastest way to get nothing done is through the SFAB. IMO the DFO would love for us to use the SFAB for everything, because they have control. Lip service in IMO not trying to derail sorry if i did

As a sportsfisherman nothing is fast with the process Lorne. The SFAB could give two ***** if you would give them a chance lol. Going to a few meetings and not giving them the benefit of the doubt doesn't mean they don't give two *****. This stuff isn't done by instant gratification man. It takes time. They are the only voice we have for dealing directly with DFO. Until the Dino is dismantled at the top end (which it should be) they are the only means of communication. We have to work with what we got.

The fraser needs hatcheries to rebound the population of chinook(and funding from the feds)..bottom line! The wild stocks r gone and will never return, hatcheries would atleast give us salmon. Too bad the feds wont give us the money for them. They give them the money in ontario for hatcheries, so why not us? Other option is just catch every salmon in the pacific.....once there all gone then we will have nothing to fight over! FN's need to have rules...how many ceremonial fish do they need for their ceremony's? 33% .........F THAT!

Good luck rollie!. You are a guide so you might have some say, but the rest of the SFAB as whole could give 2 *****. As a sportfisherman the fastest way to get nothing done is through the SFAB. IMO the DFO would love for us to use the SFAB for everything, because they have control. Lip service in IMO not trying to derail sorry if i did

Give your head a shake

Well now that the fundraiser is over i can get back to speaking my mind.

Speaking of the fundraiser, Derby and fishtofino thanks for your support ... oh wait you left up to the average joes like usual when it comes to helping fish.... Also thanks for Donating to Alex's fund. Oh wait that didnt happen either. Its a shame considering 600,000 fish on a farm not far from your fishing grounds were quarentined and killed, then put on a ship right on your front door basically while 1000;s of smolts were pouring into the ocean for the first time.

Am i wrong to hope and EXPECT! that the people that make a living off the resource, would be the first ones to jump on oppotunites like this? the first people at hatcheries catching brood stock, rearing and clipping fish, the first people to put events together in support of funding projects like this? I guess its ok for everyone elsse to do the dirty work while you make the money$$. It guess both of you arent going to be in the business forever, and maybe most view it as " not my problem" There are some guides doing great things for the fish we all enjoy. Unfortuneatly most just kill them, LOTS of them.

Funny you guys are out in droves when it comes to accollation of killing fish, but where are you lately when it comes to helping fish live? Too busy making money off the resource i guess. More and more people are starting to see the real agenda, and fish and even your own fellow fisherman arent a part of it. Its quite obivious even in this very thread. You'd be hard pressed to find a more arrogant egotiscal holier then thow bunch then some of the guys in the WCGA and the members of that local Sfac. Too bad you needa 55 year old woman to do your dirty work.

Lorne

bash away, im out!! On my way to put a couple of fraser bound summer run in the box!

Last edited by a moderator:
They are the only voice we have for dealing directly with DFO.

Thats the probelm.

THe SFAB has been working for almost 10 years to get the allocation fixed on halibut. Nothing happened till 1000's of regular joe sportfisherman flipped out and made noise. Within a year and a bit we got another 3%. Proof is in the pudding. SFAB has its place. Getting things done is not one of them. One of the biggest trajedies is this South Island restriction BS. This will not change through the SFAB process. Its much bigger and political, and that is not in there wheel house.
I respect the people that are in our local. THey are great guys and some i would consider good friends of mine. Its just not my cup of tea at this point.

Lorne.

P.s I will continue to my local everytime and atleast stay in the loop of the issues

Speaking of the fundraiser, Derby and fishtofino thanks for your support ... oh wait you left up to the average joes like usual when it comes to helping fish.... Also thanks for Donating to Alex's fund. Oh wait that didnt happen either. Its a shame considering 600,000 fish on a farm not far from your fishing grounds were quarentined and killed, then put on a ship right on your front door basically while 1000;s of smolts were pouring into the ocean for the first time.

Am i wrong to hope and EXPECT! that the people that make a living off the resource, would be the first ones to jump on oppotunites like this? the first people at hatcheries catching brood stock, rearing and clipping fish, the first people to put events together in support of funding projects like this? I guess its ok for everyone elsse to do the dirty work while you make the money$$. It guess both of you arent going to be in the business forever, and maybe most view it as " not my problem" There are some guides doing great things for the fish we all enjoy. Unfortuneatly most just kill them, LOTS of them.

Funny you guys are out in droves when it comes to accollation of killing fish, but where are you lately when it comes to helping fish live? Too busy making money off the resource i guess. More and more people are starting to see the real agenda, and fish and even your own fellow fisherman arent a part of it. Its quite obivious even in this very thread.

Lorne

bash away, im out!! On my way to put a couple of fraser bound summer run in the box!

Really great job with the lead melt fundraising exercise Lorne! Kudos to you and all the guys who helped and contributed!!

I have to agree with a lot of what you say. I have made my donation to Alex's testing fund and I believe it is up to us little guys to collectively make a difference.

I see Foxsea has put up a note about stickers so I will respond to that.

after serving on several advisory boards over the years i can see what the trouble with sfab is perhaps to friendly with DFO advisor terms should be for only two terms this should help some of the problems new faces are a little harder to control

Funny you guys are out in droves when it comes to accollation of killing fish, but where are you lately when it comes to helping fish live? Too busy making money off the resource i guess. More and more people are starting to see the real agenda, and fish and even your own fellow fisherman arent a part of it. Its quite obivious even in this very thread. You'd be hard pressed to find a more arrogant egotiscal holier then thow bunch then some of the guys in the WCGA and the members of that local Sfac. Too bad you needa 55 year old woman to do your dirty work.

Lorne

I'm so sorry Lorne...can you forgive me..... :) just because you don't see on the interenet doesn't mean me and many other good folks don't
or haven't give time and money already to her great cause..... as I said before give your head a shake :)

I'm so sorry Lorne...can you forgive me..... :) just because you don't see on the interenet doesn't mean me and many other good folks don't
or haven't give time and money already to her great cause..... as I said before give your head a shake :)

That wouldnt surprise me. As you've said many times, You guys are all about working behind the scenes. :)

I think you guys are the only one that buy tjhat.

Lorne

Anyway back on track.

That wouldnt surprise me. As you've said many times, You guys are all about working behind the scenes. :)

I think you guys are the only one that buy tjhat.

Lorne

Anyway back on track.[/QUOTE......actually not...most people just don't give a dam about theses forums and really do it because they care ..not to get a pat on the back... I'm glad to see that you have found your passion and it is a great cause... so keep up the good fight regarding farm fish... i'm out...... :)

Juan De Fuca - Subareas 19-1 to 19-4 and 20-5
----------------------------------------------

Effective 00:01 hours June 13th, 2015 until 23:59 hours July 17th, 2015
in
Subareas 19-1 to 19-4 and 20-5, there is a daily limit of two (2) chinook
salmon per day, of which only one (1) may be greater than 67 cm.

What do you make of this, are we back to 2 Chinook any size ?

in

yes rock on.....

in

yes..2 a day any size hatchery or wild
they did this last year...no new announcement

Back