Fisheries notices

We aren’t the NRA folks. We might be unified as far as wanting our access to the fishery but we don’t vote in general elections with a unified voice, not nationally or provincially. We aren’t a 300,000 member union that can swing elections in bc, and nationally by the time the federal election counts leave Ontario the result is already known. Worse than that, bc is an NDP province and that party is propping up the Federal Liberal government. The ndp is all about reallocation and SRKW and the green way forward sprinkled in with unmanageable debt and spending, we’re supposed to just shut up and pay our taxes. We are definitely fighting headwinds. A few years ago we lost 100 days of our summer fishing season for chinook salmon and the guy who made that decision is still in charge. What’s another 2 weeks gone for us, it didn’t hurt the Libs last time?
I told the sport fishing community takes a strong understand. We are easy to run over!

Same as last year and there’s no opening for area 28. At least not yet. We got options tho. Pay for the gas and cross to area 16 or 17 for a slot limit. Do nothing until Sep 1st. Sell the boat and find another hobby. This is so frustrating.

marked selective fishery --> fency term for killing hatchery fish
Yes those are the options. They want us to burn more gas. Very confusing from an environmental standpoint.

Yes those are the options. They want us to burn more gas. Very confusing from an environmental standpoint.
Pretty sure fisheries managers aren't thinking about our gas consumption. Nor would I want them to. Its tough enough having them try to balance the interests they already do.

For us south coasters, that translates into $400/lb for the meat.
Anyhow, we’re digressing here. LoL
You must run an expensive rig :oops: I stopped fishing in the Strait of Georgia circa 1988, and figure its easily worth a tank of gas [diesel these days] to trailer to WCVI or Telegraph Cove / Port McNeill -- get away from the crowds and some of the worst fishing restrictions...

Back