Neat Wolf Pic

uclueletcharters

Hi All,

Wolf ran in front of me the other day and had to hit the brakes or I would have hit it. It reminded me of a neat picture that I wanted to share it was taken just outside our place of the Black lone wolf cruising around town which is gone now apparently packed up and left. The recent one was gray neat looking animals and very scitish. I know this is off topic so feel free to move the post if you like if there's a specific spot better suited.

DSC_1091.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Bang FLOP !
Don't understand this reaction to this pic at all. Wolves are an essential part of the ecosystem (which is why they have been reintroduced to Yellowstone and elsewhere) and are not even as dangerous as bears or cougars. Totally weird response......

Not when you consider they are decimating the moose population in the north and now the elk population in the south east where they we reintroduced. They are an important part of the ecosystem but when the balance swings too far one way there needs to be some intervention.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

That guy walked through my campsite at dawn last summer. It's a very cool experience to be 25 feet from a wolf while taking one's morning leak.

Don't understand this reaction to this pic at all. Wolves are an essential part of the ecosystem (which is why they have been reintroduced to Yellowstone and elsewhere) and are not even as dangerous as bears or cougars. Totally weird response......

Totally agree with you! people are bitching about wolf's being hard on the moose and deer what do you want them to eat salad.. Come on humans are harder on everything then wolfs!! Cool pic!

WOW the ones in Yellow stone are now picking off the farmers livestock was a bad idea from the get go . ive seen first hand the destruction wolves do... any one i come across ill shoot as well....... and yes they are a beautiful animal just like a seal but a cull has to be done now and then...would it be ok with that wolf in that community if it killed a child??? simply put NO....

I seen one here in the town of Comox just over a year ago now. It was drinking water from the brook at the MacDonald Wood Park on Balmoral. It was a big beautiful animal. I was surprised to learn that they do frequent the shores around here.

Awesome pic.

Dead dogs are not the only problem when you've got strays all over the place in wolf country. The cross breeding with dogs and Island wolves is pretty obvious in a lot of areas. Frustrating to see.

If humans are going to take from the prey, we must take from the predator to manage the balance. For some reason, some do not view us humanoids as a component of nature and the food chain. I for sure am part of this balance and will take from both sides whenever the opportunity arises within the applicable regulations. If some spent as much time as I do in the bush, you may have a different view on this dynamic balance. One thing for sure is a hunter with a rifle will have little impact on the wolf populations. They will eat themselves out of a food supply and move on and/or die off. End of story.

FS

Question Wolf------ How many people have wolves killed in North America in the last ten years compared to the number that pitbulls and rotties have killed????? Look it up-- I think you may have misguided priorities

well you might as well ask about stabbings and murders then a bit off topic dont you think????
I have seen first hand what they do there mean creatures and i love them ..trust me NOT misguided they kill everything WHY is the population of deer down SIMPLE wolves.
I could care less about pitbull as id never own them dont like them. I do know wolves have hurt my friends all over with the livestock they have killed because they are over populated and coming in closer to civilization so sheep/cattle/horses are easy prey DO NOT lecture me on what I see and know.

Go ask any farmer who has livestock and what has happened to him his response will be a DEAD wolf is a good wolf!!!

I Admit , cool and unique picture ....... but thats where it stops ....." Bang Flop " I say again ......... they certainly are not part of a ecosystem of community homes .

They like any other wildlife species in this Province need to be managed ..... and at present, they are out of control. That said, those who were hell bent on bringing them back to the Yellowstone area ...... Now ... like before again want nothing to do with them ....... out of control. Taking out everything as their Packs grow and grow.

HT

Go ask any farmer who has livestock and what has happened to him his response will be a DEAD wolf is a good wolf!!!

Of course a farmer who has his bottom line affected will adopt the "kill em all" attitude.... but where I live free running dogs have been responsible for slaughtering over 200 chickens in one night on a farm near to me-- so does that mean that every dog walking down the road should be shot????

The big Bad Wolf theory has long been blown to hell. They have a place in BC. They help to control over grazing by ungulates ( go look at what fallow deer have done to Sidney Spit to see what deer are capable of ) They may rip a population of deer or elk in the short term, but in the long run they improve the conditions for a variety of creatures . High Tide have a read on this article
http://oregonstate.edu/ua/ncs/archives/2011/dec/yellowstone-transformed-15-years-after-return-wolves

Back