Navionics Renewal Warning

ziggy

I just thought I’d warn people about my recent issues with renewing my Navionics subscription. I got an email telling me my subscription was about to expire and could be renewed while still active for $99 US. I thought I would take advantage of this offer ( not sure why) and went to the site to do the renewal. Because I was away from the boat I chose to have a new card sent out as opposed to going and getting the card from the boat and doing it via the Internet.
Everything went smoothly until the checkout when I was charged an additional $20 US for the shipping. I contacted Navionics and they were too bad so sad , should have done it over the Internet. Now this morning I get an email from the shipping company DHL and they want an additional $32 Canadian to clear customs. So to summarize this SD card that was on sale for $99 US for active subscribers has cost me $119 US and and additional $32 Canadian. Quit the rip off. I suspect this will be my last purchased update just on general principal.

Yup, been stung likewise with the free s/w upgrade to my C-map card adding radar compatibility. When I registered for the upgrade via the 800 phone # I didn't realize I was dealing with the USA (stupid me) and all that was requested was the return of my old version card. Simple enough and no mention of additional charges. At the time I didn't know any better so I was comfortable until Fedex at my door required an additional $50 fee for brokerage/ customs. Had to pay to get the wanted upgrade but beefed about it at the Vancouver Boat Show and Jeppesen offered me a free C-map card with the latest version software. Painful but rewarded in the end.

Yup, I've been stung by this too - sucks! Whenever possible get things shipped via US Postal Service, it is almost always cheaper, though it may take a few days longer - but do don't have to pay the BS brokerage fees (may still have to pay customs duty) that you do with courier companies.

Back