Narrows

I'm heading back out early Saturday morning. they were there a week ago so we'll see what happens around the morning tide. I'm thinking of trying some bucktails with a 2 ounce weight and try to drag it out a long way behind my boat. I'll also try the standards... army trucks, spoons etc. I'll post my results. If I don't have any luck I'll head to Sooke for Sunday. Look for the Lund with the center console... that'd be me.

o hey rich i was out there last weekend with you, lund that was trolling around with 3 guys in it

I saw you out there... any luck? I got nothing that day but I picked up a couple of bucktails for this weekend. I'm not a fly fisherman but we'll see if I can mimic the action with a light weight and a slow troll.

i got one hit but lost it, trolling is pointless in close becasue the water is so shallow your moter spooks all the fish and if your boat goes over them they spread out, which is why the casters and flyfisher men were probling doing so well, no sound.
Cast about 2'' krokodile spoons for them and you should get some.
Let us know how you do, i want to head out sunday again if its worth the time.
Oh, if you want to troll go off the oil place at the opposite end of the bay where everybody was fishihng, one boat did quite well there. the water is deeper so you can troll, set your lines at about 15-25'.

Anybody been out - despite the lousy weather - ?
Or have any experience with these fish, e.g. are they likely to blow through with the recents rains, or hold up in the bay for a while yet?
Going to try giving it a look see tomorrow, wind dependent.

Out for 4 hours today, 1 strike, nothing to the boat, didn't see anything jumping.
Crab will have to do for dinner.

Back