Narrows

Thanks for the tip Dayto.

I'm going to try and get out tomorrow, roughly 10:00-3:00.
Have a 16 foot Arima, open runabout style, off white colour, Johnson and Yamaha kicker on the back. I usually just leave the VHF on 9/16 but can switch to 68 if you're about- that's the fisherman's channel isn't it? My radio channel guide is out in the boat.

Nedarb, you're either very young, very brave, or fish crazy to try wading in that water without the neoprenes. Brrr is right. In any case, I salute you in your dedication to our common pleasure.

o hey dayto haha yea that was my brother you were tlkaing too,i was in the yellow SUV putting on some dry clothes,
did you get any fish? any ideas on when the bite would be for tomorrow? ill head out if thats the case! waters never too cold to cath some fish :D

watch the tide lines , it came in real close in the evening and brought some big fishing into shore , I will be out today in my Dingy .

did you make it out dayto?
i fishedfrom 6:15-7:30 with 3 of my friends
saw maybe 5 fish jump the whoel time, wayy out there. Ill try to make it out each night this week none the less, and use the boat on the weekend. Beautful place to spend the evening.
One of my buds had an extra pair of waders alos,
HOLY HELL that was so much better hahaha:)

Ya I was out all afternoon sure was slower today caught 2 Coho and 3 Sea runs , lot's of boats fishing hard today I only took out my dingy next time Im taking the fishing boat . They seem to of slowed down big time due to the rain yesterday ? They might of moved into cowichan bay but there should be another run comming in soon enuf .

See yall on the Water

DAYTO

Yes, it seemed quieter today.
Got 1, Lost 1.
Tried your tip Dayto, Thanks.
The lost 1 was on the Cop Car with flasher and 6 ounces.
But beautiful out there today.

Time,

Ya I saw you out there fishing the hot spot Hard ( I was in the White dingy instead of the fishing boat today)Thats good the set up worked for you..See ya out there next time at the hot spot

Heard it was quiet on Sunday.
Went out yesterday (Monday) afternoon. Made two passes with one strike before deciding it was too rough to fish. Went into the narrows, Bold Bluff area, for a few hours to let the wind/chop die down. Nothing doing in the narrows. Tried Cherry again from 4-6, nothing. Wasn't seeing the numbers of fish on the sounder that were appearing last week.
Coho may have moved into the river. Hope I'm wrong or more to come in.

I just headed out to Cherry Point for my first time on Sunday... really slow for us trollers but a couple of fly fishermen seemed to be doing pretty well. there's fish out there.

I'd appreciate any more reports toward the end of the week because I'm thinking of heading back out there on Saturday.

a couple of friends of mine gave it a whirl... They weren't out there long (maybe an hour) and didn't have any luck. It seemed to me the fly fishermen who were having all the fun were catching them beyond the range you'd get from shore. But who am I to say... I got skunked.

Checked out the point tonight , there still there but are now sticking to that first tide linde about 150Ft from shore , saw a few nice ones jump closer to shore but most action out a little further .

i headed out after school today with the paddle boat, but it was too windy and wavy..ill go out friday morning (no school)...
dayto i hear you go to kelsey who are yaa

quote:Originally posted by esora

Any word on whats happening out there.

Esora
Just came back from checking out the beach Esora. Lots of fishermen and saw quite a few fish jumping. Will catch the early tide in the morning and try my luck. Let you know how I did.Don't work too hard tonight big guy. Cheers..............Bigsbee

oh sorry,
must be another member? a kid at school told me another kid asked him about me and said we were tlaking on here, and his name was dayton or dayto orsomething, so i assumed it was you haha

Was out for a few hours Wednesday afternoon. Nada, not even a sniff. About half a dozen assorted others - flyfishers wading, pontoon boat, canoe, aluminum car topper, and a trophy fishing in the bay. All working the 6 foot deep flats. Not sure where the Coho have gone, if they have actually left, but sure nice to see a salt water fishery that so many diverse craft can participate in. Who needs a 28 foot boat with twin 350 Yamahas on it.

Back