Nanaimo Area

I made it out yesterday afternoon off neck point for a couple hrs. We landed nice 18 pounder right away at 4:30 and not much else happened after that. Irish cream spoon 95 feet down. I've managed to scrape a few fish up recently but its a bit of a grind out there right now. Its sure nice out there when the wind dies down though. My brother is up from Texas and here he is with his fish.View attachment 8255

Nice fish FF!

Braved the wind and was rewarded wasn't even all that bad, fish were stacked up on the south side of clark rock along with huge bait balls, non stop action with only one rod, must have seen 20 fish to the boat in an hour and a half 12 to 18 lbs. green Splatter back spoon & red hot spot ,80 feet going south off the reef.Hook up every time. 7:30 till 9:00pm

Nice work Forbesy and 7deuce! Arima im guessing by the weight they were all springs? I wonder if we've started to see new runs of summer springs coming through? Hope so! Good luck out there.

Braved the wind and was rewarded wasn't even all that bad, fish were stacked up on the south side of clark rock along with huge bait balls, non stop action with only one rod, must have seen 20 fish to the boat in an hour and a half 12 to 18 lbs. green Splatter back spoon & red hot spot ,80 feet going south off the reef.Hook up every time. 7:30 till 9:00pm

Great report. Had a day like that myself this season. The inside has been lights out many occasions this year. Nicely done!

Went out last night, fished clark rock all the way to neck lots of fish hard to wade through the humpys though they were thick of clark rock i would imagine they be in the bay shortly.

Arima, What time were you out last night? I went from Clark to Neck starting at about 530 or so in about 100 feet of water and nothing was biting other than a couple undersized- lots of fish on the sounder but nothing that would bite. I got a 12 pounder in a different spot earlier in the day but had a very quiet evening. Same thing happened the other night where the action all came from 8 o'clock til sundown. I'm wondering if the fish are getting the bit on at sun up and sun down due to all the hot clear days?

The bite was off pipers point down do about calrk rock and deep 125+. Were only hitting the one rod though splatter back spoon red hot spot. I think between 730 and 830 maybe 7.

Well I thought I would see if you could still jig up some fish and not have to drag around flashers and canonballs and such. Apparently jigging still works. A 24 and a 22 for my efforts last night. Fingers area.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 634
Well I thought I would see if you could still jig up some fish and not have to drag around flashers and canonballs and such. Apparently jigging still works. A 24 and a 22 for my efforts last night. Fingers area.

Awesome! both on that chrome buzz bomb in the pic?

Chrome perkins. Not sure if you can still buy perkins lures or not. I don't really think the lure matters, being on top of bait and fish is the key I think.

Onefish, you might have to change your name to "twofish". Nice work!

Well I thought I would see if lightning might strike twice. Got lucky with a 26 and an 18 tonight. Pretty lumpy but worth the effort. Macdeep was the ticket tonight.

Attachments

• 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 427
Well I thought I would see if lightning might strike twice. Got lucky with a 26 and an 18 tonight. Pretty lumpy but worth the effort. Macdeep was the ticket tonight.
Twofish it is!

Fishing was good lots of undersized and this nice 20# fish for my buddy first real fish he said.DSC_0072.jpg
clark rock pipers point area down deep 125feet green spackle back spoon red hot spot.

Great night on the water tonight and the fishing was good too. managed lots of action that included 3 keepers. There were a lot of boats out there tonight. pictures ended up a little blurry. 2013-08-05 21.06.08.jpg

Back