Nanaimo Area

Amazing post and pics yet again Sculpin! Your "outlook for the year" should be every sportfishers mantra, sums it up perfectly for me. I also like your thoughts on appreciating your local fisheries. I too have been obsessed with the West Coast these past few years but have been rediscovering my home waters this spring (Interior Lakes for me) and loving it, particularly a bunch of times out with my dad, which hasn't happened as often as it should have in the past years. Thanks for your inspirational posts!!

Ukee

Thanks John,had a awesome time last night. Now I just have to work on getting somthing a bit bigger for the derby this weekend

I will be out there too Albernifisher, that's a dam nice salmon you caught with John lastnight..i new i was in for a good report from you two fish slayers.. i think you know where i will be trollin this weekend.. just going out to pick up some more last min tackle,n bait...... Good luck buddy ! launching at 500 am hope the launch isn't a zoo by then..

Fingers crossed man. Bigwavedave.com has it at 10 nw diminishing to nw 5 after 1pm, lets hope he is right and envirnoment Canada is wrong..

Sitting at the Silva pub...derby is going to be a good one...all 250 hardcopies have sold and they have moved onto habdwritten tickets. Good luck to all.

as long as it is better than tonight, blowing 25+...

we fish out of a 17ft, 5-15 knots is tolerable, anything more around here gets a bit lumpy...

Apparently some big fish coming down... Should be down by Saturday... 30 lbs isn range..

Good luck whoever makes it out !!

Fished the Am Caught a nice 25 ponder off the fingers at 530am then ran out to entrance it was on fire till about 800 then died off then the wind came up still looked ok to fish neck area though. Released a nice low 20 at entrance then never had another chance. Lots of fish been caught too. Good luck to everybody out there.

caught a 10 lber at 2pm.. not much luck today hope tomorrow morning brings better fishing.., Nice Fish arima arima, think i must have trolled past you this morning at entrance, i herd a 32 is in the lead now..:0 do you have a picture of that beast??

We managed a couple in the low teens and had my mainline break on another (friken maxima) and we got a monster yellow eye

fishing was slow for us.. 10.46 lbs was all i managed to put on the board,IMG_2453.jpgdid ALOT better mid-week, winner was 32 lbs here is a look at half of the awards table.. a little motivation for next year, other table had excellent prizes to including a Bradley smoker various traps n tools..and a Scotty electric deepline was a good time had by all , wasn't able to stay for awards Dam.. had to be there to win... was a good cause supporting Nanaimo river salmon enhancement. Big thanks to the organizers and volunteers for putting on an amazing derby .

Last edited by a moderator:
Back