My winter boat transformation- alumn finally!

I had my boat built because I was always working. Having seen the great work you members have done on your rigs sure sets my creative juices flowing.
I sure wish I could have taken that route, lot more work but more rewarding for sure.

going with a fun name----a fish hook set up with a Shish-Kabob theme- name of the boat will be KA-BOB------wifes name is Karen and I am Bob..?not very original, but the graphic should be OK> Love the Cyclops suggestion, but would be tuff to change agter the family knows the choice. LOL

Would you put sacrificial zinc annodes on the hull if it is sitting in Harbour? I have always wondered about electrolysis and aluminum hulls. I know on my Tin boat the zincs on the motor are getting eaten up, which means that they are working. My hull is fully painted and only sees the salt for one week a year, and is flushed very well after, and still the zincs are getting sacrified.

Drewski

Aluminum hulls have special "ZINC's" mostly composed of magnesium-you can tell the differance instantly by holding one of each at once- A normal Zinc likely weights 2 or 3 times more than the special ones for alumn. I have a pair on my hull even though it will not be moored for any length of time.

getting closer- 85% done--time to install the electronics etc.

Attachments

• Cowichan Valley G-20120616-00015.jpg
    Cowichan Valley G-20120616-00015.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 195
  • Cowichan Valley G-20120617-00016.jpg
    Cowichan Valley G-20120617-00016.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 193
That thing is just awesome MRACER. Cant wait to see the shots of sea trials!

Hey nice build. In the process of building a pilothouse for my own boat. What kind of glass did you use and what was the cost per sq ft? Also were they able to cut glass In house or did they ship it away?

Thanks

WENT TO THE LOCAL GLASS SHOP WITH THE ALUMN CUT OUTS AND THEY DID THE REST--not sure about square foot cost- I'm sure it varies among vendors.

Back