my next (last) project boat

She is looking "GREAT"... nice work....is the pod going to stay natural or you getting it power coated?

I am surprised you didn't put a coat of paint on the transom before getting the pod put on. Is there a reason for that? Low maintenance :) LOL

On my chev I got away with just flipping the hitch I had over but no such luck on my current dodge…...

I am surprised you didn't put a coat of paint on the transom before getting the pod put on. Is there a reason for that? Low maintenance :) LOL

Yup, there is a reason for not painting it first. The gelcoat has a stronger bond to the fiberglass then The paint would to the gelcoat and when the pod is glued and bolted to the transom I would rather it be stuck to the gelcoat instead of just the paint that is sticking to the gelcoat. I'll paint the hull when it comes back

That thing is huge! Lots of fishing deck space.. You could hold a square dance on the deck if fishing is slow! LOL!

Picked up the controls,wireing and merc monitor yesterday, couple of in progress pics of the pod
pod1_zps6ee2e668.jpg

pod_zps9a3f72e8.jpg

Starting to draw out plans for the interior seating and cabinets., what thickness plywood should I use? It will be fiberglassed and gel coated when its all done. Another question... do they make microwaves for marine applications?

Last edited by a moderator:
Starting to draw out plans for the interior seating and cabinets., what thickness plywood should I use? It will be fiberglassed and gel coated when its all done. Another question... do they make microwaves for marine applications?

I usually use 3/4 but since your glassing it you could do 5/8 or even 1/2 with a bit of engineering. I'd be happy to talk to you about it.

No they don't make them(microwaves) for marine applications. You would have to go the inverter and battery route. It can be done- Davis Boats out of Monterrey does it as their main cooking source. Probably just have to have your main engine running while the micro was on so the batteries didn't get drained too bad.

I would say talk to Firelight.. Make sure the snack n beverage centre is made properly .. With good materials..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back