Motor height.

grayclan

Anyone with a Silver Streak Race Rocks or Carmanah raise their engine height from the lowest position? My anti ventilation plate is 3/4” below the hull and will raise it one or maybe two.Looking for feedback. Thanks.

Put the cavitation plate just above the bottom of the V. Or at least in line with the bottom V.
Yup that’s what I am going to do. Seems all the ones I see are rigged the same as mine. If you look at a lot of Hewescraft they come mounted one hole up. My old sea runner was but I wasn’t the original owner. Not sure why mine is so low? Thanks

I always find just above for the modified v bottom hulls works best. Try it. If you cavitate you can always go back down.

No reason yours is that way other than improper installation.

Last edited:
The bottom of my plate is flush with the bottom of the hull with the motor mounted at the lowest hole. This is a yam 115
Curious if your motor bracket is slightly shorter

Last edited:
The bottom of my plate is flush with the bottom of the hull with the motor mounted at the lowest hole. This is a yam 115
Curious if your motor bracket is slightly shorter
No I don’t think so it’s 25” 115 as well. At least the motor has lifting eye on the block and I have an engine hoist. Not a job for today though! Thanks.

Record performance with current setup before you change anything, and use the data to find your prop slip - there are calculators online. You need WOT speed and rpm, prop pitch and gearcase ratio. Without going to fancy hydraulic jack plates and the like, your optimum prop slip would be 4%. Anything higher than 7 or 8% needs attention. That would be when you change motor height or prop.

What’s the cost of lifting an outboard and height adjustment if you were to use a shop?

Back