mooring boat at cheanuh

tubbed out

Got a spot at cheanuh today , never moored a boat before

any tips or tricks I should know ??

any tips to be sure my kicker stays put ?

Im gona leave only basics in the boat and drag rigger rods etc out each time .

Hows the gas there ??
who else is there I watch for you and say hi

tubbed

Hey TO
Im on the C dock. I bring in my rods, riggers and leftover drinks at night. I've got a lock on my kicker. Never had a problem with anything else. Apperantly the last time there was a theft they guys were caught on camera and later busted. Fuel has been fine, although the price never changes on it. " Jay " at the shack is always good for a laugh.
See ya on the dock.... Im the guy dragging the hog up to the cleaning table;)

thanks for the replys guys ill keep an eye out for you ... im on b dock half way down

now this kicker lock ?? just a pad lock and chain ???

the kicker is the thing im most worried about

white and green olympic

tubbed

I will take a look for you both. Kicker just chain and lock. If you discourage them they wont pick on you. If you leave it sitting in sight it will be gone. The fuel is cheaper there then at petro canada :p filled up the boat yesterday 265$ yikes at 1.05/Litre. Jay's a good guy. I somtimes give him a fresh feeder spring for the family. They are all pretty good guys down there!

-Steve

Hey tubbed: Crappy tire has a kicker lock system as well. It's about twenty bucks or so. It has a good quality Master lock.;) eman

Bump this old thread to the top,

Anyone care to update there thoughts on mooring at Cheanuh? I hear that there is storage available there as well, any truth to this? Whats it cost per foot for moorage these days? I guess I should just call lol, but thought I'd check with the locals here first.

We were launching a 21 ft trophy, and I decided to ask about moorage, curious more than anything. The guy told me it would be about 110/month for the boat, but there was a waiting list. That was in June.

We've been there for 2 years and are happy with it although it's a bit of a pork and bean show. Never a problem with theft, good price on moorage. It's $500 for 6 months with our 19 ft boat.
T2

You'd pay 3 grand in Vancouver for the same....seems like a pretty good deal...(you can't get any places here for 6 months that I'm aware of, pretty sure you have to pay full year). You guys are lucky.

Got a spot at cheanuh today , never moored a boat before

any tips or tricks I should know ??

any tips to be sure my kicker stays put ?

Im gona leave only basics in the boat and drag rigger rods etc out each time .

Hows the gas there ??
who else is there I watch for you and say hi

tubbed

lock up tight!

Pedder Bay or Cheanuh, which is better?

Edit: waiting for the "how long is a piece of string" guy lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
been there for 5 years, seems really good, know of some others out there with no issues....I am knock on wood as I type...lol

boats is insured, would suck for the inconveinience, all marinas goes thru phases, heard of thefts at peddar bay.

Awesome group of guys at Cheanuh

Those who enjoy playing nautical sports at sea may request more information at the marina about the various sporting activities, which it arranges. Proximity to an airport means that this marina is also accessible by air.

Those who enjoy playing nautical sports at sea may request more information at the marina about the various sporting activities, which it arranges. Proximity to an airport means that this marina is also accessible by air.

Uhhhh OK there??? lol

Back