Victoria to bamfeild

Tockeyetalmon

Experienced fisherman and crew heading to bamfeild in a few weeks. Have fished all over bc mostly truck and trailer to the spot and than on our way. Know Victoria to Queen Charlotte straight like the back of my hand. Less experienced on the west coast. Have never been there making the trip by boat before. Going to leave Victoria in a 35 bayliner and head for bamfeild. Any tips tricks or advice for making that trip by boat. Obviously weather is top priority and I believe sooke and renfrew are the only places to stop for shelter or gas?? How long of a trip is it. (Cruising around 12 knots) id love to hear any advice someone has to offer. Cheers

IMG_0644.JPG We make the run from Anacortes Wa to Bam every year in a 28' boat averaging 17 knts or so. It is 147 miles and it usually takes us around 8 hrs with a couple short photo/leak ops. It will take you about the same as you are about 100 miles to Bam but run a bit slower. The best advice I can give you is start as early in the AM as possible to avoid the typical afternoon/evening blows. Also make sure your radar is good to go as you will run into fog. Also don't be afraid to head S a bit to avoid some of the shallow spots that sometimes ball the waves up pretty good. Enjoy the run and bring a good Camera as the scenery is beautiful. Enjoy and safe travels.

^This is good advice for Beale or any other shoal area especially when a hard current is opposed by the wind.

IMG_2147.JPG IMG_2097.JPG IMG_2097.JPG Got back from our annual pilgrimage to Bam from Anacortes last week. On the way up it was rougher than snot off Vic with 4-6' seas at what seemed 4 seconds and a bit confused to boot. Vectored in towards Pedder until we got some relief and was able to sneek inside Race and around the corner and it just got calmer the further West we went. 8.5 hrs to get to Bam. Came back on glassy slick water with a medium following swell. It was surreal with the eclipse going on. We made great time shaving 2 hrs off the trip time compared to the way up.

Awesome. We did not make the trip unfortunately had some things come up. Local fishing has been just as good as I would expect in bam latley. Been limiting out on 20 pound springs almost every time out. Maybe jus getting lucky being out on the hot tides. Can't complain

Back