Magenta MR3 - Limited Edition - looking for a pink reel??

Just got my 4 new ones for next guide season! They don't quite look like the pink ones, but damn they look good! Already have the great paddle handles on them and can't wait to use them!

Attachments

• 68469292854__40A1B8D5-A7B0-4353-BEC1-5783577398EC.jpeg
    68469292854__40A1B8D5-A7B0-4353-BEC1-5783577398EC.jpeg
    189.3 KB · Views: 58
Just got my 4 new ones for next guide season! They don't quite look like the pink ones, but damn they look good! Already have the great paddle handles on them and can't wait to use them!
saw them at Pacific Angler, very nice, darker than the pics made them look. Flat paddles already in place is sweet. Took my hot pink in to compare the colours, completely different look.

saw them at Pacific Angler, very nice, darker than the pics made them look. Flat paddles already in place is sweet. Took my hot pink in to compare the colours, completely different look.
Yeah I am stoked to have them! I have always put paddle handles on my guide reels, huge difference I find, even for myself!

Yeah I am stoked to have them! I have always put paddle handles on my guide reels, huge difference I find, even for myself!
Agreed. I have six Islanders and converted them all to scalloped paddles. I even tried one reel with one paddle of each style for a day before switching them over, alternating which one I used throughout the day. It’s just a better, natural feel for my liking.

Agreed. I have six Islanders and converted them all to scalloped paddles. I even tried one reel with one paddle of each style for a day before switching them over, alternating which one I used throughout the day. It’s just a better, natural feel for my liking.
Reminds me of when I started fishing with the old Shimano mooching reels!

We found they look darker and more purple inside, and then when they're out in the sun they get brighter and pinker! We had a bit of a tough time figuring out which colour to call them, since it's a brand new colour for us.

any chance of doing the Oil slick tri -color.......

Pretty sure islander likes things mass produced. You would be able to find something like that at Abel. Or get it done yourself for a bunch of dough. Anodizing isn’t really a big deal but you have to pay set up when getting into fancy colours. Multi colours would mean multiple set up’s of colours that need fresh chemicals. And three coats would get thick for bearings and what not to fit properly

its done for bikes / chainrings disk brakes pedals you name it ...... it all gets reamed before things are installed ... as we know its only the bare alloy frame and spool being dipped .......

Pretty sure islander likes things mass produced. You would be able to find something like that at Abel. Or get it done yourself for a bunch of dough. Anodizing isn’t really a big deal but you have to pay set up when getting into fancy colours. Multi colours would mean multiple set up’s of colours that need fresh chemicals. And three coats would get thick for bearings and what not to fit properly
We used to do multi layers for a deeper look but it was powder coating after anodizing or vice versa. Can’t recall the order now.

This is actually something we're looking in to! Because anodizing is (usually) a dip, it's a bit difficult to do anything that isn't one solid colour or a gradient, like Abel does. It's also notoriously difficult to get approved to do anodizing on Vancouver Island, so we haven't been able to try doing it in house. Something we're considering instead is hydro dipping, like one of our field team members gets done. But @wildthing is right, the custom anodizing techniques have come a long way recently in the bike part manufacturing industry. So we're hoping to be able to make it a possibility in the future, although right now to get ONE reel done we're seeing quotes for $100 USD EACH plus shipping. So we're looking for a cheaper solution if possible.

Hannah

This is actually something we're looking in to! Because anodizing is (usually) a dip, it's a bit difficult to do anything that isn't one solid colour or a gradient, like Abel does. It's also notoriously difficult to get approved to do anodizing on Vancouver Island, so we haven't been able to try doing it in house. Something we're considering instead is hydro dipping, like one of our field team members gets done. But @wildthing is right, the custom anodizing techniques have come a long way recently in the bike part manufacturing industry. So we're hoping to be able to make it a possibility in the future, although right now to get ONE reel done we're seeing quotes for $100 USD EACH plus shipping. So we're looking for a cheaper solution if possible.

Hannah
thanks put me down for 6 at least if you decide to do a run MR3's or TR3's and of course need the wildthing engraved on before hand.

We found they look darker and more purple inside, and then when they're out in the sun they get brighter and pinker! We had a bit of a tough time figuring out which colour to call them, since it's a brand new colour for us.

Hannah, based on his begging, generous offers of endorsement , and generally good nature and humour he displays around here, may I be so bold as to suggest the next time you are trying to figure out what colour to call a new shade you call it "Stizzla."

Back