Lowrance Fuel Flow meter?

Tains, make sure you post back once installed, its pretty cool to see all that data right onscreen,
remember data overlay has to be setup for each screen, sonar, chart, steer, data

Tains, make sure you post back once installed, its pretty cool to see all that data right onscreen,
remember data overlay has to be setup for each screen, sonar, chart, steer, data

Good to know thanks. Still new with it and still trying to figure it out. Going to see if harbour chandler has an ep60r in Stock tomorrow.

I inherited one with my boat and still have not figured it out. I was also warned by a mechanic that those fuel sensor wheels have been known to jam and impact fuel flow. I'm tempted to just pull the thing out of my boat

I cut a slot in the stern board that covers my tank and marked off 5 gallon increments: very reassuring to turn around and get a visual rather then relying on a sensor that May or may not be accurate

I keep a log---distance travelled, fuel burned, when I do my long summer trips-- I guess That's considered Old School but it gives me peace of mind

Even though my kicker is plumbed in to the main tank I installed a quick disconnect on the fuel line entering the Racor--- on a two week trip I'll typically run the kicker off a 6 gallon separate tank-- much easier to track real fuel consumption on the main engine when the kicker is not part of the mix

Wish I could figure out the Lowrance sensor, though---it would be nice to have the electronics to fine tune proper RPM's and gas burn for long distance cruising

I also stash jerry cans of fuel on islands as back-up--wow, I am Old School!

Last edited by a moderator:
Had my sensor plug up once. Didn't effect fuel flow though. Cleaned it up and is working fine. Changed out Moeller filter for a Racor and all is good.

Last edited by a moderator:
I inherited one with my boat and still have not figured it out. I was also warned by a mechanic that those fuel sensor wheels have been known to jam and impact fuel flow. I'm tempted to just pull the thing out of my boat

I cut a slot in the stern board that covers my tank and marked off 5 gallon increments: very reassuring to turn around and get a visual rather then relying on a sensor that May or may not be accurate

I keep a log---distance travelled, fuel burned, when I do my long summer trips-- I guess That's considered Old School but it gives me peace of mind

Even though my kicker is plumbed in to the main tank I installed a quick disconnect on the fuel line entering the Racor--- on a two week trip I'll typically run the kicker off a 6 gallon separate tank-- much easier to track real fuel consumption on the main engine when the kicker is not part of the mix

Wish I could figure out the Lowrance sensor, though---it would be nice to have the electronics to fine tune proper RPM's and gas burn for long distance cruising

I also stash jerry cans of fuel on islands as back-up--wow, I am Old School!

I read the same thing about getting plugged up and impeding fuel flow. I am going to carry a 3/8 fitting so I can remove the sensor if necessary and bridge the fuel line to run without it.

I just installed one of these on my boat. It seems to work fine with one small exception. I configured the tank to the size it is and fuel is burned and the amount remaining in the tank is displayed properly. But when I turn the Lowrance off or turn the night switch off, the size of the tank seems to be forgotten and the fuel used reading goes back to zero and as fuel is burned shows a negative value. I'm sure there's a way to have it "remember" the tank size but I don't know how. It does seem to remember the fuel used by trip and by season, correctly. I cannot seem to "add fuel" and have it add to the fuel remaining amount either.

Anyone have any hints on what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks.

Back