Looking to upgrade my plotter and tansducer

westburg

Hi everyone, I have the Lowrance Elite 5. Old as dirt. If you have anything 5 or 10 years newer than that, that still works great and is sitting in your garage collecting dust, can I buy it off ya. Please I dont want to break the bank and I definitely dont want to have to tell the wife that I have to spend another 1k.

Hi everyone, I have the Lowrance Elite 5. Old as dirt. If you have anything 5 or 10 years newer than that, that still works great and is sitting in your garage collecting dust, can I buy it off ya. Please I dont want to break the bank and I definitely dont want to have to tell the wife that I have to spend another 1k.
Lowrance hds gen 1 would be perfect. I bought one new for $700 and it has been solid. The gen 3 prices resale value seem to be very high. If you can find a used gen 1 they are way better than humminbird which leaves only a garmin. Lowrance or garmin.

Lowrance hds gen 1 would be perfect. I bought one new for $700 and it has been solid. The gen 3 prices resale value seem to be very high. If you can find a used gen 1 they are way better than humminbird which leaves only a garmin. Lowrance or garmin.
You should be able to get a Gen 3 - 7 inch touch for 700 or less with transducer.

Do check harbour chandler, cabelas and all the local stores for packages on sale with a map chip.

The ray marine axiom and the garmin stuff are my go to. Lowrance a little bit less expensive but you get what you pay for in the end. Hummingbird meh

I got a buddy looking for one if you want to sell it pm me a price on your old unit

The ray marine axiom and the garmin stuff are my go to. Lowrance a little bit less expensive but you get what you pay for in the end. Hummingbird meh
Ya I heard the humminbird units maybe the gen 2 were pixelated and bad user interface. No cover for them too. The transducer on the helix mega gen3 look robust so humminbird has made breakthroughs for the salt. Clearest picture with the 360 downimaging.

The garmin live scope looks amazing but let's say you're trolling into a headwind the live scope can miss your troll path. Garmin units look amazing tbh and will probably be the next one I go for.

Lowrance is good but their stock transducers are garbage.

Back