Help with Radar/plotter ect

Hey Folks. I just bought a 2452 in the states that had radar and plotter on it... turns out its outdated furuno, So I'm looking at replacing.... on a budget, even if it means buying a good head unit and transducer and adding radar later.... I was looking into the Axiom series, but really im open to anything but do not have 5-10k to spend.... any ideas? hints? help ?
thanks

Hey Folks. I just bought a 2452 in the states that had radar and plotter on it... turns out its outdated furuno, So I'm looking at replacing.... on a budget, even if it means buying a good head unit and transducer and adding radar later.... I was looking into the Axiom series, but really im open to anything but do not have 5-10k to spend.... any ideas? hints? help ?
thanks
If your on a budget , I would keep keep the 2452 as a stand alone radar unit and buy a good gps/depth finder unit . I really like to have a system that is redundant. If one unit gives up you are not up the creek.

Poco marine has deals on he Garmin 943sxv for 1699 (300 off), the 1243xsv is 3295, 800 bucks off !
Im in love with my 1243 and gt51 combo. Advertised price is higher, add it to your cart and the discount shows up.

I'm partial to the Lowrance HDS line but their radar supply chain seems to be a problem. Harbour Chandler has Lowrance HDS carbon 9’s for a good price. For radar overlay on your charts you need an external antenna or the one that comes with the autopilot kit. If you are running in fog radar overlay is amazing.

For the price Garmin seems really affordable for a combo.

I've been very happy with my Garmin setup. . .their customer service has been over the top excellent for me when I've needed help. There's a lot of snoopy stuff our there,
fb

I have a Raymarine marine ultra-low power ultra-high resolution Quantum 3G Radar and it is good but it is paired with a Ryamaine Element plotter which I do not recommend. I would pair it with an Axiom. However I also have a lowrance Element Ti2 with 3-in-1 Transducer for downvision and side scan.

If you only plan to go with one plotter I'd go with a Lowrance FS which is a more budget friendly plotter but will work with a lowrance radar.

I think if you call around there are package deals to be had OR look for used radar then buy the newer plotter that works with it.

Back