Looking for a boat downriggers fish finder like a Turn key boat I am not ritch like most on here just want a good reliable boat to go out and fish

of all the boats i have owned, the only failure i had was a alternator quit charging in desolation, got it rebuilt in powell river and continued with the holiday

I’m pretty well the same way now. After all that guiding I’m particular about who I take with me, rather go solo that with the wrong crew
Absolutely, enjoy my time on the water solo, can make an butt out of myself without a care in the world. Guides are definitely special people, personally could not do it

YES I had a "freind" that said what do you think is fair??? I said it costs over 200 bucks just to turn the key each day. WOW ok and he gave me 20 bucks and took half the fish , needless to say he was never asked back
Lol
Well if you asked a buddy to come fishing thinking he is going to give you a 1000 bucks is crazy

Lol
Well if you asked a buddy to come fishing thinking he is going to give you a 1000 bucks is crazy
It doesn't have to be all money. Clean fish, keep things tidy, help clean up the boat and then pay your share.

Oh ya for sure I go with my dad
I pay for the gas clean the fish clean the boat
If they don’t do anything ..
They need mental help lol

so i guess florida off shore races are fresh water LOL,
Certainly. Any larger boat is likely shaft driven by inboards. With the need to be light, outboard displacement and torque output is predictably less. A 300 h.p. outboard is 4.2 liters but a BBC is 7.2. Similar h.p. but the big block intrinsically creates much more torque and at much lower rpm's. More torque allows bigger, more efficient props to turn.

so i guess florida off shore races are fresh water LOL,
Come on now really, those are rebuilt after each race and worth hundreds of thousands an engine, a friend of mine raced boats for decades( merc racing outboard) 1000 + hp and that thing was pulled apart almost after every race. All they need is for the engine not to explode during the race

Certainly. Any larger boat is likely shaft driven by inboards. With the need to be light, outboard displacement and torque output is predictably less. A 300 h.p. outboard is 4.2 liters but a BBC is 7.2. Similar h.p. but the big block intrinsically creates much more torque and at much lower rpm's. More torque allows bigger, more efficient props to turn.
most are running drives and not shafts

Come on now really, those are rebuilt after each race and worth hundreds of thousands an engine, a friend of mine raced boats for decades( merc racing outboard) 1000 + hp and that thing was pulled apart almost after every race. All they need is for the engine not to explode during the race
yup and abused a weee bit more than a fishing boat, if you keep a dry bilge inboards work great, i like outboards and inboards the same amount, i just hate having salt water running in a engine the way that outboards do

Lol
I know a member who pays for the lodge, all gas, beer and bait for the boat owner on multi day trips. Got to be $1000+ and it is because he’s a boat owner and knows the real costs. Reds or Browns or a Benjamin are acceptable.

I’ve skipped out on chipping in on buddies boats when broke but I always offer to take them out on my boat a few times a year and supply as much gear/bait/cleaning/muscle as I can muster.

Back to your dam boat, let’s spend your money! What was your budget?

didnt ask for a 1000 bucks dont know where you assumed that but 20 bucks was a insult especially after i had the gas and bait and snacks and he took half the fish which FAR exceeded 300 bucks worth of fish,
Point is as ALL boat owners know we work tirelessly on our vessels no one sees us in winter mantianing, cleaning, oil,changes waxing ,replacing filters, working on broken stuff they just hop on boat and go WOW look everyhitng is clean and perfect .
I love the line "i could do this everyday" !!! LOL

There are reasons most older boats are inboards. Engine cost. Repair availability.

No matter how you go, just look at the number of older outboards available vs the number of older inboards.
The inference is that there are more older inboards around is because of their longevity, but you don't mention that there wasn't viable outboard power for boats larger than approx 24 ft until the beginning of this century. 250-300 hp four strokes are relatively new, so of course the older boats all have inboard. Doesn't make them better, it's just all there was. It also led boat builders to continue the I/O power further down the line through to the 19- 20 ft hulls because it was simpler to downsize the pattern rather than switch to an OB transom. At the OEM level there would have been financial incentives to stay with one power supplier.

An inboard is essentially a car engine and most use a GM type engine. If purchasing stick with a common engine, not one designed for a boat. An inline 3.0 engine was not used in cars very long due to issues whereas since 1955 GM has basically the same designed V8's.

Newer exhaust manifolds with full fresh water closed cooling systems need almost no winterizing and don't crack as much as they used to.

A leg can be re and re in 1 hour or less...

Inboard shifting issues and the leg gets changed, engine ditto, an outboard the whole unit needs to be worked and then the wait time for parts.

Yes, small block Chevs and parts for them are abundantly available. But they're not a marine engine, the many issues presented by a saltwater environment can only be partly addressed. Exhaust manifolds that "don't crack as much as they used to" is a good example. And any prospective IO owner will be doing this work laying flat on chest, groping down in the hull for stuff they can barely see. Outboard owners get to work on their motors standing up.

Issues with lower unit shifting on an outboard don't trigger a complete replacement with a $36K price tag, lower units switch out more easily than an IO leg because they weigh less. Even an amateur like me can re and re a lower unit including new water pump impeller in an hour.

Not a flat out NO to I/O here, just wanted to present a balancing perspective.

jeeze guys... i just bought a boat with an inboard.... should i just sink it now? LOL

Anyone wanna buy VP 5.7?

YES I had a "freind" that said what do you think is fair??? I said it costs over 200 bucks just to turn the key each day. WOW ok and he gave me 20 bucks and took half the fish , needless to say he was never asked back
I have exactly one buddy who has given me more than $50 for the day. I’d rather just go with the wife. At least she puts out. 🤣

Back