local processor?

trophywife

Crew Member
looking for mom and pop type shops in the LML to process fish, smoke/packaging....tired of st. jeans, and will not go to bruces.. any help?

come do it at my place Blair , will be rockin and a rollin soon ,
also setup for canning now too , AWESOME !!!
Zelko n i are shoppin around for a chamber sealer as we speak ,
i can do 200 lbs in one shot ,
im told its pretty good :)

save ur money..

felix

looking for mom and pop type shops in the LML to process fish, smoke/packaging....tired of st. jeans, and will not go to bruces.. any help?

time is my enemy in the off season,,, kids lacrosse, work ramps up and all the chit i dont do in the summer/fall around the house haunts me... let me know when and i will clear some time...THANKS FELIX!!

we ended up with a vp chamber sealer at the hideout but all my fish is at home!!

i still would like to find a smoker/ packager company...

Finest at Sea offers this service in Victoria and Vancouver, but I am not sure where you are.

Hope this helps..

Finest at Sea offers this service in Victoria and Vancouver, but I am not sure where you are.

Hope this helps..

I will say......Finest at Sea has the best product as far as smoked goes I have had. There are a few in Tofino which I have had from before but I think Finest at Sea is MUCH, MUCH better than St. Jeans. I made that switch MANY, MANY years ago and have been much happier. We have done blind tastes to compare the different products but they were ALL peppered smoke.....Finest was pretty much right up their in comparison to the two places in Tofino that I have had fish also smoked at.

Just be forewarned, their turnaround for smoked product is not too quick right now as you can imagine they have a pretty good backlog. Dropped off a nice big spring to be smoked there almost 2 weeks ago and they said to expect at least a 4 week turnaround.

I have had their hot and cold smoke.....I usually get "peppered" added to them and it's great. Trying a new one this time around which is sort of an Asian inspired marinade on a hot smoke. Not sure how it will turn out but only time will tell!!

Finest at Sea is located on Granville Island right next to where Lobster Man is and in that section of the Island where most of the boat brokers are. Kind of on the far east end to the south of bridges on one of the short side streets as you are driving/following the "one way" around the Island you turn right at the turn right before you see the Keg on your left.

FAS @ Granville Island quoted me Xmas at the earliest for candied salmon.

That was last week...

I guess all the sockeye and cap springs have set them back even further.

Glad to hear that they have a quality product though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya....you never know. They tend to cover their butts. Dropped a bunch of sox to get sided out and packed....that was to be 3 weeks but was actually about 3 days.

put a few large aside Blair,

i will let ya know when we do our cold smokin ,
pretty good fricken indian candy too , REAL candy ....
i built a LARGE smokehouse 2 years ago ,It rocks...cold or hot..
will throw it in with ours ,
you wont be disappointed ,

Thx Scott , i await your info on that chamber sealer , cash in hand
ive been wanting one for years , cant wait ,
she will be put to good use !! HARD use....

fd

time is my enemy in the off season,,, kids lacrosse, work ramps up and all the chit i dont do in the summer/fall around the house haunts me... let me know when and i will clear some time...THANKS FELIX!!

we ended up with a vp chamber sealer at the hideout but all my fish is at home!!

i still would like to find a smoker/ packager company...

Back