ling cod polier pass

1stLite

Is ling cod open around polier pass I was pretty sure all inside waters were closed for ling untill june.But was talking to a guy that said he got a 15 lb ling on the outside of polier and i told him its closed but he was determined it is open there.

Nope, ling is closed everywhere on the inside as far as I know...I thought it usually opens up a little earlier than June, tho I could be wrong.

460_Valdes Island East.jpg

...also there's a Rock fish Conservation Area on the E. side of Valdes that comes very near Porlier Pass.

Wow looks like the stocks are hurting these days on the inside. Growing up in Yellow Point I fished Polier 1991 - 1998 all summer long and the lings were thick. 12 ft aluminum 9.9 start at the top of the rip and drift through running a banana weight a 4 ft liter with a double treble hook up on a whole herring. Couldn't keep them off, Dodd Narrows same deal same as Gabriola Pass and Thrasher. There are also some other good reefs on the inside but I will keep those quiet or the Old Man will kill me because he still lives in the home I grew up in LOL and fishes these spots time to time!

Wow looks like the stocks are hurting these days on the inside. Growing up in Yellow Point I fished Polier 1991 - 1998 all summer long and the lings were thick. 12 ft aluminum 9.9 start at the top of the rip and drift through running a banana weight a 4 ft liter with a double treble hook up on a whole herring. Couldn't keep them off, Dodd Narrows same deal same as Gabriola Pass and Thrasher. There are also some other good reefs on the inside but I will keep those quiet or the Old Man will kill me because he still lives in the home I grew up in LOL and fishes these spots time to time!

i spend a small portion of my summer half butt fishing the inside... have done quite well for Lings. I throw 90% of them back, but IMO the stocks are the best they have been...relativity speaking that is.

Last edited by a moderator:
but come on guys use your heads - a big ling is 10ish years old , and is usually a spawning female...so keep that in mind and dont go out there to fill your license.... day after day...

but come on guys use your heads - a big ling is 10ish years old , and is usually a spawning female...so keep that in mind and dont go out there to fill your license.... day after day...

x2 take 2 or 3 eight to ten pounders per season. Release the little guys and the big breeders.

Those must be quite the skinny fish!
At the 65cm size limit, I have never seen a ling much under 15lbs!

Just sayin

Last edited by a moderator:
Back