Let’s Talk Alaskan plugs!

I would love to hear what the collective knows about Alaskan plugs.
I know there are a few guys here that even fished them back in the hay-day.

Would love to hear which model you liked and where you used it. And how you preferred to run them.

Don’t be shy to give some input.

I think there are more then a few ppl who wonder about these vintage plugs with such a mystic about their past.

Attachments

• 493C0217-E908-4BAD-9DE0-71B4F7C5804D.jpeg
    493C0217-E908-4BAD-9DE0-71B4F7C5804D.jpeg
    201.7 KB · Views: 179
  • B9E80F65-3DD5-4F59-B279-9654A35F5ADD.jpeg
    B9E80F65-3DD5-4F59-B279-9654A35F5ADD.jpeg
    313.7 KB · Views: 184
Nice collection. I have a couple but have never fished them. I'm sure they worked back in the day and would work now. I don't want to risk losing them to find out.

My father-in-law landed a 72lber in Long Lake, Smiths Inlet on a Alaskan. I let him know that I was interested in the plug.. he promised to give it to me, but he died before that happened.

I remember Alaskans being fished in the glacial tinted waters off Britannia Beach and upper Howe sound for Squamish white spring in June and early July. I think it was a popular spot in the Sun Salmon Derby.

Wow nice collection!! That box is very tough 2 find as well
I collect them too and have fished them in the past with success and was surprised just how noisy they are with those big treble hooks and hook hangers rattling and banging back and forth

Never fished the copper or bronze only trolled the chrome

I have 2 from my brothers gear - he used them - deadly- in the August Alberni canal fishery many years ago.

Last edited:
Back