Let’s see your towing rig!

1747A4ED-5B88-4D09-B3E7-A2034888ECBF.jpeg
Hiding my rig in the Cameron Lake line up last night eastbound. 3-4 hours, the kids were troopers, wife was more of a storm trooper. First time towing the boat and camper with the family in the F350 at the same time, barely spun up the turbo but sure used the engine brake. Used the hitch extension at the Uke boat launch too.

Great island people in the line up, sandwiched between Tolly and Zeta owners, and blond with a campion working me for Hali spots. No bitching, and only one getting OT!
26F8A4D3-2624-4E70-A684-030581E22993.jpeg

My original rig was a 2013 RAM 3500 that I had for the last 10 years shown pulling my old Striper. Great truck and no real issues other than the usual Dodge front end not liking the real cold winters and pot holed roads in the north. It had low KM's when I traded it. I don't really need the 3500 until I get closer to my retirement, so I went back to a 1/2 ton. Great truck and it only needs to move the boat to the launch in the Spring and out at the end of summer. It pulls fine and has the brake package and actually squats less than I expected. However it really just reaffirms my stance on people that will pull the boat because the specs say it can. There is no way I would be dragging this boat across the province and feel good about it....lol Both have the Laramie trim that is nice and yes I know they are both white! lol I put a 3.5" Ready Lift on the new rig and some Real tires (TOYO) on and it rides much nicer. It was far too soft before in my opinion.

I had to do a double take on your picture. I thought someone had stolen my boat. 'till I saw it was you RS

Back