Krippled Anchovy Heads

Cornfed

I have looked all over the place down here in the states for the various colors of Krippled anchovy heads (Sportco, Sportsman's Warehouse, Outdoor Emporium). I have only found the usual...green, green glow, white. Does anybody know where I can find the various other colors of Krippled anchovy heads? I am willing to order from CANADA as needed or wherever. I was up at Westview Marina (Tahsis) last summer and have never seen that kind of variety before for the heads. I am looking for army truck, gold, chrome, and the new colors painted by Tomic on the heads. Any ideas guys? Your input is always greatly appreciated!

Berry's sale is on this week I think, they have a great web site and great service. I like the Rhy's davis heads better, your results may vary. River sportsman is another source as would be Tyee in CR

I know Trotac is blowing them out on there sale table really cheap phone Paul or Trevor At Trotac marine and ask about the colors they have bet you could get the whole lot of them.

Wolf

Thanks! It doesn't get any better than that!

Wolf - Where is Trotac Marine? Do they have a website by chance?

Tomictime - Where is Berry's?

To add to this discussion: Has anyone ever tried putting a herring or chovy in backwards?

I hope you mean upside down?I took a friend out years ago.After a lenghty lesson from me on rolls etc.He jammed the anchovy in upside down,tossed it in,didnt check anything and caught a 42 lb spring,next day same thing 37 lbs,I still talk to myself about that.DAN

Trotac is by the ogden point breakwater and they have the JDF heads on sale I think, not the Krippled ones - but I think they are the same.

also west marine has a lot of their tackle on sale for 50% off right now.

JDF Teaser heads are great. Made stronger than Krippled Anchovy heads, with thicker plastic so it rolls a bit slower and tighter. O'Ki makes JDFs in loads of colours including the chrome plated ones. Here's a trick, stick on a small chartreuse or red eye with a black pupil for more strikes.
Tomictime - Where is Berry's? Berry Bait and Tackle is in Richmond, B.C. There is a link on the sportfishingbc.com site

Great advice everyone. I am now enlightened.

The JDF heads look like the ones to buy. I have traditionally used the Krippled Anchovy Heads, and not so much the Rhys Davis heads. It seems like almost everyone is leaning towards the new JDF heads.

Dan - I actually did mean backwards and not upside down. I have never tried this, but heard of guides at Uclulet and Bamfield going to this setup when things get slow. I would imagine that this would provide a tighter roll since the force on the water is keeping the chovy straight. I will have to try and see if this is the case.

I agree, I love the JDF and I use the Rhys davis less and less, mainly because 8 pack herring doesn't really fit in the head very well without squishing the head.

As for putting it in upside down i've done both in rhys and JDF heads and I see no difference.The teaser is used to keep a bend in the bait, the head doesn't actually impart any action. Thats why the bait just tracks straight if there is no bend.The bend causes the 360 degree roll - at some point in the arc the bait is going to be inverted.

Back