Krippled K , TKo and C Knight spoons

Discus

That is very interested The krippled K and C Knight spoons are old time, They made brass/copper with chrome painted. The krippled K had neon green painted. Today we have lot of nice colors on TKO spoons.

Those are different sizes.

I had never been see the C Knight spoon in my life. Anyone used the C Knight spoons?

c Knight spoons

c Knight and TKO size

Krippled K

Krippled K, c Knight and TKO

McKnight spoons have been around as far back as I can remember..........they are a very successful spoon.....I don't see too many biggersize McKnights around these days...

Still you can find the much smaller ones........I never saw them in a huge color selection like TKO's.........

TKO is an improved version of the Krippled (according to Rob at PNT)

Lots of guys have used Kripple and McKnight with very good results.

Don't know the story on McKnights (as to whether they were the fore-runner of Krippled or not......)

somebody else here will though.........

Thanks Seafever! I will use the Mc Knight spoon for salmon fishing this year. I am keeping the McKnight spoon chrome and brass. Other two I will put colors on them .... Maybe UV stickers, and glow paint.

PNT has 3 different sizes for TKO spoon 3.0 , 4.0 and 6.0 and more than 8 different colors ...
Hot pink,
Neon green ( silver and green) ,
Glow Flo Green,
Hot Han ( Glow, thin pink strip and Green) ,
Kitchen Sink ( Black, Thin Green Strip , glow) ,
Glow cop
Nasty ( White, Thin Red strip, black)
Silver.
I dont see gold or Gold and silver and I cannot remember other colors.

McKnight spoons have been around as far back as I can remember..........they are a very successful spoon.....I don't see too many biggersize McKnights around these days...

Still you can find the much smaller ones........I never saw them in a huge color selection like TKO's.........

TKO is an improved version of the Krippled (according to Rob at PNT)

Lots of guys have used Kripple and McKnight with very good results.

Don't know the story on McKnights (as to whether they were the fore-runner of Krippled or not......)

somebody else here will though.........

McKnight first, Krippled K second, then TKO.

Jimmy Gilbert, thank you.

http://krippled.ca/recreation/about.htm

I heard from a reliable source today:-

McKnights were first......apparently 3 generations of them.......then Jim Gilbert invented the Krippled because he thought he could improve the McKnight design.......there were several generations of Kripples.

Now.....the TKO is an improvement on the Krippled.......but the TKO's we see today are not first generation------probably second or third....

I've used the TKO and Krippled K and both are good lures.
the KK was only produced in three colors to my knowledge, chrome, chrome/green and orange.
The only advantage I see over the TKO is their light weight which helps create a deadly wiggling action.

A small selection of RVP's McKnight spoons.

--------

A short history lesson...

80 years ago, an inventor from the USA created a salmon trolling spoon called the McKnight Special...
as evolution would turn toward an improved variation in the 1960's, Canadian Jim Gilbert reworked & improved upon the original McKnight.

Jim called it the Krippled K Trolling Spoon.

In 2009 Robert Van Pelt, also a Canadian added his variation which evolved into the newly perfected generation of lures, based on Jim Gilbert's salmon trolling spoons.

80 years of EVOLUTION, TKO trolling spoons are offering 21 fish catching finishes, in three popular sizes.

Robert was feeling a little cheeky when he name his rendition of the now famous spoon - the long and the short of it's name, is short for "TOTAL KNOCK OFF".

TKO Trolling Spoons catch you fish!

Thank you Jim Gilbert for progressing the evolution of an awesome salmon spoon profile.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcM9IKB9hio

Attachments

• 20140424_173759[1].jpg
    20140424_173759[1].jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 217
A small selection of RVP's McKnight spoons.

--------

A short history lesson...

80 years ago, an inventor from the USA created a salmon trolling spoon called the McKnight Special...
as evolution would turn toward an improved variation in the 1960's, Canadian Jim Gilbert reworked & improved upon the original McKnight.

Jim called it the Krippled K Trolling Spoon.

In 2009 Robert Van Pelt, also a Canadian added his variation which evolved into the newly perfected generation of lures, based on Jim Gilbert's salmon trolling spoons.

80 years of EVOLUTION, TKO trolling spoons are offering 21 fish catching finishes, in three popular sizes.

Robert was feeling a little cheeky when he name his rendition of the now famous spoon - the long and the short of it's name, is short for "TOTAL KNOCK OFF".

TKO Trolling Spoons catch you fish!

Thank you Jim Gilbert for progressing the evolution of an awesome salmon spoon profile.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcM9IKB9hio

Sweet! I like the name Total Knock Off!

Its a fanatic history about the spoon! Thank you for information about that.

I would like to buy more spoons!

Discus!

Back