Kitty Coleman fishing report

GLG

Went fishing today from 0 dark 30 till lunch. Not a sniff. Weather and water were great. Watched a killer whale and her calf moving up the straight. My fishing buddy and I were talking about all the killer whales we have seen over the years. The whales were about 1/4 mile off the hump and we started to see the mom circle and create a ton of white water. We figured, must be after some salmon. Next thing we see was the mom toss a seal 20 feet up and 30-40 feet out of the water. Nice show, as I have never seen a killer whale do this except on TV. One less seal at Kitty Coleman today. GLG

eman your right about that. You might not catch a fish when you go out there but this time it was well worth the trip. CA good luck and get some blood in that new boat. I might try out near Point Holmes on Saturday GLG

Awesome [8D][:p][8D] GLG did you get some pics once mabye in a life time you get to see an event like that not to many transient Orcas left part of the reason we have so many seals and sealions. (The only orcas that eat seals, sea lions and dolphins)

Cheers ME

revisedhookedonfishing.jpg

ME sadly we had no camera so no pictures. We just memorized it. I sure hope they stick around near here and feed for a while. When we returned to the ramp some people from Ontario were very interested in the story. The caretaker had a telescope that he tried to focus in on them. They new that transients eat seals but thought the residents were vegetarians. LOL I gave them the scoop on the differences. GLG

is it pretty normal that the whales come in this close??
ive heard if there is whales around pick it up an go somewhere else as the salmon arent going to hang around, is that true or should i do what you done.

iscoot.png

quote:ive heard if there is whales around pick it up an go somewhere else as the salmon arent going to hang around,

False, I'm sure it has an effect but I've often had hooks up right when whales are surfacing all around.

good to know,
im pretty new to this fishing thing the only info i have is here an tc reids books.

iscoot.png

CA , I’m glad to meet you. It’s always good to put a face with a name. Makes it more human. I didn’t put out any traps I was out hunting the summer springs. More like testing out my new repairs and burning off last year’s gas. Alas, fix one thing and bust another. Back to the garage for more work, it must be nice in that shinny new boat. :D I’m glad my wife was with me, so I could point and hint. She sure is a beauty. Good luck on that Ling hunt. GLG

Baz. We saw them about 4 to 5 kilometers off of Kitty Coleman Park. That’s not very close to shore. Normal for what I have seen. They were probably heading to Mitlenatch Island the Orca candy store in the middle of the Georgia Straight. GLG

"Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and you get rid of him for the whole weekend"

Fished Sentry yesterday...no luck....Orcas moved in so enjoyed the show for awhile and moved to Kitty Coleman.....caught a couple of small keepers a few boats fishing there

Back