Kitty Coleman 2014 Reports

Hey guys I am dragging the boat and trailer out to salmon point for the end of august/early sept, to escape the madness of the alberni salmon fest.I have never fished this area at all before. any recommendations on spots/areas to try?

any help is appreciated.

One 16 marbled spring from 220' on green apex, boated 4 coho from 180-200 on white or green white hoochies. All coho were stuffed with krill shoulda been using red lol. Spring full of 4-6" herring.

Lost 2 nice coho to seal, only got the heads to the boat. A few shakers were attacked and chomped by doggies. All action from 2-4 this afternoon. Good day!

never fished the area before - first attempt today was pretty successful (other then almost running aground launching on a low tide @ pacific playground first thing in the AM). anyways fished "the hump" with green hoochies with lines @ 180-220 and limited on Chinook and Coho (nothing over 10 pounds though) and threw back a bunch of keeper coho and barely legal or just undersized springs. best bite was 7-10 AM.

Three reports for Kitty today, one hot, one slow, the other about killing something but no details :cool: I can kill lots of stuff and enjoy a day on the water fishing but I want to catch something tomorrow that is worth keeping and improve my almost empty freezer situation. Kitty? Nootka? China Creek? :eek: Undecided so far....

Had a guy come by my house this for cannonballs this evening that limited out with 4 chinook, 3 coho and a sockeye today.

And I stayed home :( There's always tomorrow :)

Fished Kitty last evening. It was slow. Lots of dogfish and small salmon. Nothing to bring home. I'll try again in a few days. Anyplace around Comox that is producing lately?

Do you know their route?

GLG already hooked sockeye out there this year.

Four years ago I caught all my sockeye right in front of Kitty 100-200ft from the beach. Never had to go to Browns Bay

I am here right now and have had four legal fish to the boat in the last hour.

I will post some pictures later I think I have Seagal in the back ground of one of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Owen-- you are OBSESSED with that phone of yours== you need to throw it overboard and just relax and enjoy the FISHING!!!! LOL

Owen-- you are OBSESSED with that phone of yours== you need to throw it overboard and just relax and enjoy the FISHING!!!! LOL
But it supplies the tunes that the fish enjoy.

When we launched at 10am there was another boat leaving with their springs and coho that had been out since 6am.

Just out here draging the bottom with some Clendon Stewarts and Nog Needles....Working Well :)

Back