Kitty Coleman 2014 Reports

Was that a #602 Tubby?

Nice catch by the way!

Pretty sure it was just regular 6". Will be taking the broken one into store to make sure i get the same one again. With 2 25lb'ers in the past month on that lure I want another one.

Tried to get to Kitty Coleman today from Point Holmes but the water was just too rough. I fished the Cape Lazo bouy and picked up a few shakers and one 10 lb cod. My first time catching one of these. It took a blue sparkle hootchie at the bottom. No fight at all, just like a log. Released it after some pictures. I am going to try again this evening if the water calms.

15 lb white spring and a 6 lb coho this morning before the wind picked up. Both unclipped.

DSC0317.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_0317.jpg
    DSC_0317.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 881
Fished Kitty for a couple of hours this afternoon, one spring about 8lbs. Crossed the water to Grants and picked up 2 small pinks at 120 feet. Weather chased us back to Kitty for another hour or so and saw some action from other boats but nothing for us. Home by 8.

Fished the hump last weekend, not much went on for us other than 2 Sockeye east of the hump in 400' water. Saw a few boats getting fish. Has it picked up? Any big fish showing?

Ready to go if you are..... Willing to go if you are :)

It it was under a foot last night.

Anyone want to go this morning? I have an empty seat

Last edited by a moderator:
I do...... Release carefully and hope there's a bigger one with my name on it :)

Doesn't mean others can't enjoy reeling them in

Shall I not report Seafever?

Fishing was great today at Kitty, took Big Green Machine and Shifter out. Got limits on chinook up to 20lbs and a few coho as by-catch. What a awesome day. Steady action.... It was great to see

Maybe be the guys will share some of their photos from today.

This morning was hot at Kitty as well. I couldn't manage anything larger than 10 lbs but heard of a few mid teens at the boat launch. Hit my couple of coho and boated endless pinks. Kept 2 coho and 1 spring, released 2 springs about 8-10lbs and released at least 10 pinks and several coho as well. Wind kicked up around noon and was home by 1:00.

Fishing was great today at Kitty, took Big Green Machine and Shifter out. Got limits on chinook up to 20lbs and a few coho as by-catch. What a awesome day. Steady action.... It was great to see

Maybe be the guys will share some of their photos from today.

Thanks Owen, was a good tussle for sure
py7utury.jpg

Yeah that thing sure put up a fight. Hehe
Was great meeting you, big green!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hump fishin

Hi people! Unfortunately I haven't been able to make it out last few weeks. I have company coming for few days this weekend. Any suggestions on wether to hit the hump or Grants??

Thanks

Back