Kitty Coleman 2014 Reports

We hammered nine Chinooks in 3.5 hours. 7 of which were legal, 2 undersized

Laura put two teenagers on ice. The other 5 were 8-10 pounds

No Dogs, 2 p-cod released

Never had that good of luck with needle fish patterns at Kitty, but today the Nog's 2014 SFBC Derby Spoon produced really well :)

Nice work FA! My son and I fished 10:30-1 and picked up 17, 10 lb. springs and 2 coho. Bight was good on the ebb!!!!

Heres a picture
qapabyha.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wouldn't really say we slayed them this afternoon but caught 2-3/hour. Fished 5-8. Took couple springs home, 14-16 pounds. 1 hatch. Fished an assortment of lures on one side and nogs gold on other with dummy flash. About 5 to 1 in nog's favour. Lot of small but only one dog. 2 small coho rest springs...Anybody doing anything with the nogs hook? Maybe just me or dogs but a number of trips with only a few seconds contact then gone??

Fished 10:30 till just after 1 today. Very disappointing losing a big one right at the boat after it just gave me a shower :( Laura had what may have been a derby winner or at least the biggest fish I've seen this year on my boat.

Continued to fish and got a limit of teen chinook and released a few others that didn't qualify to be on ice.

Also caught one small halibut, three hake and a small p-cod. There were sockeye jumping all around. Not sure why more guys aren't targeting them. Maybe their like me and already caught there share for the season and already had them smoked :)

Give it a go guys or let me know if you'd like to come out. I often have an empty seat for one more guy.

Fished Kitty last night lots of fish caught including multiple triple headers but not one legal size. Was fishing very deep too! The big one will come our way soon....I hope!

Suggestion for you Inthenet.... put red gear on and fish 50-70 feet.. Nice sox coming through

Sure slowed down today not much bait either. Still hooked into 4 chinooks and a couple undersized, one coho and a pile of dog fish.

Good day on the water,

Anybody out fishing right now? How is the fishing? Thinking of heading out this afternoon but if it's slow might head elsewhere.

Awesome day at Kitty took my brother and his two kids out. We did really well. Ended up landing 4 springs for them to take home tomorrow. Only fished for a couple hours.... :) I couldn't take it any more. Fishing is not something my brother has ever dialled in :)

Hi Fish Assassin, curious where you launch for Kitty Coleman? I have a 22 foot Campion I would like to launch somewhere up there.

Thanks.

You have three choices. Comox Harbour, pacific playgrounds or salmon point. Unless your campion is a beater then you could try Kitty or Lazo

Back