Kitty Coleman 2013 reports

Im liking the looks of the tides tomorrow morning, slack at 9:30. Were limited by a lack of downriggers but we should be able to get some cutplugs down deep enough with 10 ounce slip weights. The lack of a flasher may inhibit our catches but maybe we'll just troll alongside FA and steal his shine... :cool:
Your fishing without riggers at Kitty? You are my hero. I'd love to know how you do.

Had a couple of shakers and a nice boat ride, that's it.
GLG

Went to twinn prawning today and got 40 prawns, yes we suck at it ! But we did stop and by 10 pounds of shrimp off a dragger, so overall we got our limit.

Funny we fished Kitty today then headed over to Grants. Then gave up and went around Savory and up to Twin Islands. We were fishing and got nothing. Saw about 4 boats prawning likely saw you out there.

Last edited by a moderator:
We were trolling at twinn too in a rinker sunbridge boat just at the mouth of baker passage, I thought that was your boat, I was thinking of comming over to ask where do you catch prawns around there.

Didnt make it out today, but im heading out to try my luck in the morning for a couple hours. We'll be the ones out there motor mooching cutplugs in a blue 14 foot open aluminum boat. Ill have my Iphone with me so if I catch anything worth bragging about you guys can bet to see it here on this thread!

The only thing we caught worth mentioning was a large red snapper that we had to unfortunately release, dead. I was mooching about 30 feet from the bottom and the thing still managed to bite my bait, and swallowed it at that. I would have simply cut the line if the poor thing didnt turn inside out with the benz, exposing the hook and making for an easy 'release'. Thats one thing I really hate is letting dead fish go. Other then that we got one blue back but no springs. Tons of bait around though. We might get out again tomorrow.

Kittly Coleman hump, or as close too it as we could remember from our own landmarks... as the GPS was having some technical difficulties as was the depth sounder.... :mad:

saw some on the surface but they may have been blue backs and bounced through a few schools of deeper ones with my line. Came up with scales on the hook and I was quite aways down.

EC and BWD are both making it look good for the next 5 days.

Heading out with Newfie. Will do our best to post some pictures later today. :)

Looking good out here this morning... :)
photo_zps81ace969.jpg

Back