Kingfisher 2425 question

Mags

I am looking for some advice. I have bought a 2016 Kingfisher 2425 with an Evinrude etec 200. Please, I don’t want this to be a debate about evinrude versus 4 stroke or if you would buy a boat with the motor knowing that Evinrude is no longer being made as this has been discussed on other threads. My question is if you assume the value of the motor is low is the price of 95k good. The boat has No kicker, no second helm in the back. Included is 2x simrad evo 2, autopilot, hulls in good shape (freshwater only). It seems like a good price but having second thoughts as I was unfortunately not aware of Evinrude being shut down. I am just evaluating this new to me info to see if it changes my opinion on this purchase.

You liked it, you could afford it, you bought it, enjoy the new memories it will give you exploring our wonderful ocean and sealife that many others will never have a opportunity to experience. Cost of memories such as these....priceless. Welcome to our forum.

In today’s market I think that’s a decent price. If you feel the boats in good shape then by all means it’s a good buy. And that ETec is as solid as they come, don’t listen to any negative comments about them. I ran a 2006 175 for 13 seasons without one single hiccup, they are great engines.

Sounds like you've got buyer's blues. I'd rock that boat...it'll give you lots of fun times and good memories. You already own it...time to go fishing!

I have the evenrude. I love it. It's so responsive and the two stroke is fun. Sure they went out of business, I'll run it for 8 years and then buy a new motor. I've even thought about watching how discounted they get. 95 grand is a rip off sure. But if you bought it this year that's the case for every boat. I've seen an aluminum 24 foot offshore with two evenrudes sell for close to what it was purchased for 3 years ago. You'll love it.

Etecs are great, everyone I know that has one is happy with it, price is fine in these times, great boat go use it!

Etecs are great motors , fast , quiet and simple. Unfortunately 2 strokes have gotten a bad wrap in the marine world. I think you did well on your purchase!

I am looking for some advice. I have bought a 2016 Kingfisher 2425 with an Evinrude etec 200. Please, I don’t want this to be a debate about evinrude versus 4 stroke or if you would buy a boat with the motor knowing that Evinrude is no longer being made as this has been discussed on other threads. My question is if you assume the value of the motor is low is the price of 95k good. The boat has No kicker, no second helm in the back. Included is 2x simrad evo 2, autopilot, hulls in good shape (freshwater only). It seems like a good price but having second thoughts as I was unfortunately not aware of Evinrude being shut down. I am just evaluating this new to me info to see if it changes my opinion on this purchase.

Forget about the value.

You certainly liked it enough that you bought it. Enjoy it.

For a 5 year old 24' boat with COVID tax being charged on everything, it sounds to me like it was probably a good deal.

My understanding is that Evinrude is still producing parts, honoring warranties, etc, but I could be wrong.

I say enjoy the boat.

I have no issues with my boat and got a great deal, but still often wonder if I should have bought it. My mind is changed the second I hit the water, every time. :)

Yes, BRP decided to stop making outboards, but they're still building snow machines and other DI motors. Parts are still being distributed and warranties honoured. Heck, they're still listing parts for Evinrude/Johnson outboards that date back into the 70s and were made by a corporation they purchased 20 years ago. I bought my etec after they announced end of production and haven't regretted it. In fact the opposite is true, best outboard I've ever owned.

Back