Just another 20’ Hourston re-fit

Not sure if anyone has suggested it yet but experimenting with engine height and props should solve the porpoising a 4 blade would likely fix the issue.

I was told 1" higher for every 12" back .
That’s based off a pod that’s not flush with the keel, water rises quite a bit off the back of the boat if it’s not flush. Mine is same contour as boat but just not full width. I’m just a c-hair above ands it’s as high as I can go without cavitating.

That’s based off a pod that’s not flush with the keel, water rises quite a bit off the back of the boat if it’s not flush. Mine is same contour as boat but just not full width. I’m just a c-hair above ands it’s as high as I can go without cavitating.
I should have clarified that! Thanks

dude, get a jack plate. Additional weight yes, but I use mine every single time i run the boat, very useful for getting into the best fuel zone and nice on the rough days to get that motor maximum grip especially in the following sea. I can send you pictures of mine if you curious, same boat pretty much 778 928 7269.

dude, get a jack plate. Additional weight yes, but I use mine every single time i run the boat, very useful for getting into the best fuel zone and nice on the rough days to get that motor maximum grip especially in the following sea. I can send you pictures of mine if you curious, same boat pretty much 778 928 7269.
Thanks man appreciate it! She’s dialled in now no issues.

Back