JUGHEAD Update & Pics

Jughead orders

As of today, the 3 pkg limit is lifted. You can order whatever amount of Jugheads you want and the specific sizes you want. 4 pieces per pkg. I've finally caught up to orders. The very first runs of Jughead were a little rough but, they will fish like crazy tho. I've now got the mold process down-pat and can produce whatever size and amount you'll need. Send email to FishWhisperer@hotmail.ca.
* Nail polish looks very nice on Jughead. Pick your fave color and paint it on. Add eyes, dots, etc. Some people are using treble hooks and toothpicking the line hole. Some nice hali's being caught on Jughead using Mackerel out of Tofino/Ukee.

Keep your rod tip up!

FW

Jughead Rebate

As a token of appreciation to all those who have been ordering Jugheads this summer, I will personally be sending each person the very first commercial grade Jugheads before they hit store shelves, if/when my company produces them. From the response so far, the question is obviously when, not if. These will have special packaging particular to each person to commemorate the first summer of Jughead and to show my appreciation of their support, enthusiasm and encouraging words.
Thanks again all...

Keep Your Rod Tip Up!
FW

Nice.

Tried little juggy in front of a hootchie for a bit, it looked pretty good. Might have to experiment with leader strength.
I like my rod straps Where do I buy some more?

Sounds great. Hope we have some great stories to share with you regarding the success of your lures. If they work like we anticipate you will have no end of orders. I am eager to see mine and try them out.

Lots of buyers. I would love to hear about performance from those who have used them. Action is great but are they catching fish better than others?

Just recieved mine in the mail!! Can't wait to give these buggers a tow around PH this weekend, just hope the pinks aren't to crazy. Will hopefully have some performance updates. I think I'll try a few different things, the little ones look like they might be deadly in front of a needlefish hoochie.

Nice.

Tried little juggy in front of a hootchie for a bit, it looked pretty good. Might have to experiment with leader strength.
I like my rod straps Where do I buy some more?

I have tons o' Rod Raps. Literally. They're getting pretty popular. They retail at about $3.99 in stores. For this forum, you can have 'em at 2 for $5.00 plus shipping. Box of 12 sets for $25.00 plus shipping. Email info@GuideProInc.com.

FYI: I ONLY fish with 150 lb braided mainline as my core with 200 ft of 40 lb Maxima before my 40 lb Maxima leader. I never vary ...I don't lose many fish.

FW

Last edited by a moderator:
Lots of buyers. I would love to hear about performance from those who have used them. Action is great but are they catching fish better than others?
Just got back from Nootka Sound and used the Jugheads. Got lots of springs and coho with them. Whether they will outfish other lures is sort of dependent on what the fish are eating and we can't control their preferences. What I like most is that the bait stays intact through long trolling periods and I don't have to keep the flasher on the line which makes for more fun playing the fish. Haven't tried them with a hootchie yet, but will do that next time.

FishWhisperer... You mailbox is full. I gave you wrong email address, would like to get correct one to you....thanks !

I have tons o' Rod Raps. Literally. They're getting pretty popular. They retail at about $3.99 in stores. For this forum, you can have 'em at 2 for $5.00 plus shipping. Box of 12 sets for $25.00 plus shipping. Email FishWhisperer@hotmail.ca.

FYI: I ONLY fish with 150 lb braided mainline as my core with 200 ft of 40 lb Maxima before my 40 lb Maxima leader. I never vary ...I don't lose many fish.

FW

Got your samples heads...Thanks...I'll give them a run next week when I get out....

Cheers :)

Nice pic

I've received several reports from all over. I haven't posted any because I didn't want to sound boastful or look like I'm trying to sell more Jugheads. A fellow (Mike) sent in some very nice pics and I thought I would share this one from his trip to Nootka. He said Jughead did very well on the Kings (Springs) and coho. Thanks again Mike.DSC00382.jpg
(Send me pics and I'll send you Jugheads!)

- On another note, a guide in Tofino using XL Jughead with a Mackerel, said he hooked into the biggest salmon he ever had on but couldn't get him to the boat. The bait was still good so he put it on the bottom and caught an 80 lb hali, bait was STILL good and he put it down again and caught a 35 lb hali. Unbrined bait will last a very long time with Jughead swimming it.

Keep Your Rod Tip Up!

FW

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey all ...I'm backed up only slightly because of mold issues but I should have orders completed by Monday the 6th. I have to stop taking orders for Jughead tho. I need some time off to go fishing too. As of Friday August 3rd, I will cancel any outstanding PayPal invoices but I must stop taking orders as of today.
Thanks again all ...go git 'em!

Keep Your Rod Tip Up!

FW

I will trying the jugheads out in sooke next week but i am wondering about how to rig them with the hootchies in them? Also, when using them with bait, how do you keep the bait in good shape with no brine? Will they last a week if just kept cool? Looking forward to giving them a whirl.

I will trying the jugheads out in sooke next week but i am wondering about how to rig them with the hootchies in them? Also, when using them with bait, how do you keep the bait in good shape with no brine? Will they last a week if just kept cool? Looking forward to giving them a whirl.

If you're using hootchies just rig your hootchie as normal (bead, etc.)then run the end of the leader straight thru the inside of Jughead and out the bill, stuffing the head of the hootchie into Jughead.
Keep your frozen bait on ice, it'll slowly thaw, and use it as you will. Once it's rigged in Jughead and in the water, it will limber up and start swimming. If I use bait, I don't keep it for a week. Whatever is left over in the pkg at the end of the day I throw away.
On the YouTube vids, the Medium Jughead vid is with brined bait. That seems to be the most popular vid on there so... pick yer poison.

Good Luck!

FW

Back