JUGHEAD Update & Pics

Lil' bit tender...

View attachment 4383...sorry everyone. I have to take a break. July 9 mail-outs will be delayed a couple days. I'm using Express Post with my Venture One account so it only takes 1 or 2 days after I drop off at the post office... I can't even see today. Eyes are swollen shut. Check out my handsome mug this morn...

Last edited by a moderator:
I've left messages beginning mid June, here, private, email for some heads but have not heard back. What's up! Guides only now? Please get better soon!

Sorry Theb55

I've left messages beginning mid June, here, private, email for some heads but have not heard back. What's up! Guides only now? Please get better soon!

I've been inundated with orders. Being a guide has nothing to do with who gets Jugheads. I have no idea who the guides are that email me. If you haven't received a PayPal invoice, please email me at FishWhisperer@hotmail.ca. Identify yourself as Theb55 in the email. I'll hook you up...

Wow

give the guy a break ! Dude hope ur alright man , that is brutal , ya sure this is worth it ?
hope ya get well soon ,

later

fd

Wow x2, AJ your health isn't worth risking for some bonehead to get these things, take care, put your sunglasses on and go fishing instead.

FACEwhisperer

I have plenty of ventilation and a pretty safe set-up. The prob was that on one day I was being hasty and tried pulling the molds early and instead of putting a load in the oven then a load out, I was sticking my head in and rotating the heads. Putting some in, pulling some out, moving them around. Thus I have created the human Jughead. Hence the pics ...dumb butt.
Spent the day sleepin' on Benadryl. Face is almost normal size now, still pretty painful tho... business as usual tmrw, 2 days behind.

FW

Woohoo!! Got mine this morning and just in time to rig them up and give them a whirl in Tofino next week!! :cool:

The Rod Wraps were a nice little surprise as well!
:)

Thanks FW!

(Scott in Vancouver)

Still waitin on mine. Hoping they will be here this week. Can't wait to give those a roll! Just wondering if they will get the same action if fished behind a flasher, thinking I might give them a longer leader than usual, so they can do their thing.

Hey all. Yup, them Rod Raps are sweet. Thanks guys. PayPal receipts up to and including #12033 went out today. I've just finished curing more molds. Should have most all orders filled and in the mail by Monday morning. Will update then. If you guys/gals have any issues with the Rod Raps or Jugheads please email me at FishWhisperer@hotmail.ca. I'll fix it.

I had a fellow state that one of the heads seemed a little warped and he was wondering whether a little steam would work to straighten it out. Yes, heat works to adjust the shape. I suggested to fish it the way it is first because Jughead will prob do some cool stuff with a little warp to it. As I've stated, experiment with Jughead. Try an off-set tow hole...? Heat up the bill and warp...? Bigger hooks...? Smaller hooks...? Put eyes on 'em, paint 'em...
Temporary molds deteriorate gradually, eventually giving the odd flaw in the odd Jughead. I've had to replace the molds 3 times since starting this. You may want to embrace these flaws that may have slipped thru.
After 6 hrs in the mold, Jugheads sit curing for 12 hrs then they are baked for 6 hrs. Each single piece then must be hand tooled after curing, some sanded, all drilled by hand, clear coated, baked for 1 more hr, cooled, packaged, boxed and then shipped. I have a couple shoe boxes full of screwed up Jugheads.
The gist of it is this, fish these buggers. Put Jughead behind a flasher, without a flasher, bend 'em, drill 'em, paint 'em ... Use baits of diff sizes, diff hooks, more beads, less beads, no beads. Drag 'em fast, drag 'em slow, turn often. Use real bait, rubber bait, hootchies, streamers, flies ...where does it end...? That's up to you. When you find something that works for you, go with it. They work awesome right out of the pkg tho.
Please email me with any suggestions or findings. I appreciate any input ...it's all good.

*Starting next week, July 20, I'll be making Jugheads to order. Pick your fave sizes and colours - pkg of 4 pieces. Send email if interested.

Keep your rod tip up!

FW

Hey all. Yup, them Rod Raps are sweet. Thanks guys. PayPal receipts up to and including #12033 went out today. I've just finished curing more molds. Should have most all orders filled and in the mail by Monday morning. Will update then. If you guys/gals have any issues with the Rod Raps or Jugheads please email me at FishWhisperer@hotmail.ca. I'll fix it.

I am hoping you can get #12042 out by Monday because I am leaving for Nootka July 22. Do your best!! Thank.

Back