JUGHEAD Update & Pics

Jay you have to post results you lucky son of a gun:).

I wish I was the one that gets to try them out as I am "benched" indefinitley with a health issue...All is going full speed with the fleet in the meantime.

I wish I was the one that gets to try them out as I am "benched" indefinitley with a health issue...All is going full speed with the fleet in the meantime.

Hey Jay. FYI: Tell the boys the smallest Jugheads have no toothpick holes because they're for hootchies, flies, streamers, etc. Put their fave hootchie in it behind a flasher...
Have any amount of Pilchards showed up out there yet?

FW

Hey Jay. FYI: Tell the boys the smallest Jugheads have no toothpick holes because they're for hootchies, flies, streamers, etc. Put their fave hootchie in it behind a flasher...

FW

I figured they were too tight for anything but a Needlefish or artificial...They look really good Thx again.

fishwhisperer.

any chance i can repeat my last order? My buddy guides out of renfrew and i showed him your videos and he wants some to try out..

Thanks

FW

Humpbacks are out there pretty thick so the Pilchards are there too..

FYI: I am still processing all the Jughead inquiries up to and including June 22 - 5 pages of emails. I have just cleared some room in my SFBC in box for the people who's messages didn't get thru. If you have inquired after the 22nd, please be patient as I need to fulfill the orders to date then I will announce on here another release of Jugheads. Please understand that I'm slightly overwhelmed at this time. If you have received a PayPal invoice then your Jugheads should be in the mail this week or at least by early next week.
At present, I am having additional temporary molds made to try and keep up with orders.
Keep your rod tip up!

FW

Last edited by a moderator:
To whomever has ordered Jugheads, if your Jugheads have been sent, you will have received a shipment statement. The recent emails have not been answered because I have not been on line. Specifically because, while making Jugheads, my respirator was not filtering out certain chemicals. The accumulative exposure resulted in a very uncomfortable affliction and a visit to the hospital. At present, I am typing this with several thousand blisters on my face including eyelids, ears and inside my nose. The stinging is uncomfortable but the itch is unbearable. As this is a long weekend, I will resume deliveries on Tuesday. I'm takin' today off... prob tmrw too...

FACEWhisperer

(ADDENDUM) ...well my respirator works fine, canisters certified ...and (I know this...) I should be CLEAN SHAVEN to achieve a proper seal with my respirator. Take note all ...I'm a WorkSafe BC C.O.R. Certified Safety Mngmnt Systems Internal Auditor and, I didn't protect myself properly. What an assss... Happy Canuck Wknd All! ...wish I wuz fishin'...

Update: PayPal orders for Jughead from #11087 thru #12011 will be sent off this morning. All pkgs are being sent Priority Post - 3 business days. To date, PayPal orders #11047 thru #12011 have been sent and/or delivered. The remainder of orders should be fulfilled and sent out by Monday morning, July 9.
There was a couple days of down time as I have been trying to keep my face on. Apparently, it was not improper use of my respirator, it was the LACK of use when extracting Jugheads from the oven. Hot, toxic Poly Urethane gas is what burned my face and arms.
Note to self: Have wife pull Jugheads from oven from now on ;)

FACEWhisperer

FYI: Jughead - #4 Ukee Ladder Derby...

Hey FW,

Sorry to hear about you injury. If you are using a residential oven one would wonder where all the off gassing goes even when the door is closed. Be careful man, 'chovie heads aren't worth your life! With that said, are you all sold out? I have been trying to get my hands on some, but you are understndably busy / healing.

Hey Jay... did I hear right that the Sardine (Pilchard) seine fishery was cancelled due to low numbers?

Sorry I missed this..I don't think I saw any reports about the Seine Fishery cancelled. I may have, but memory fails me right now....My guys have been seeing moderate numbers of Pilchards further out, and larger Chinook are showing more with bellies full of both Herring and Sardine = Good Sign.

Flat out there now and all vessels jammed with guests for long stretch ahead so will get more feedback from the guys.

Hey FW,

Sorry to hear about you injury. If you are using a residential oven one would wonder where all the off gassing goes even when the door is closed. Be careful man, 'chovie heads aren't worth your life! With that said, are you all sold out? I have been trying to get my hands on some, but you are understndably busy / healing.

Hey Shep,
I'm sold out every day. I am continuing to make Jugheads daily and hope to be totally caught up by the 9th. Any other orders that are coming in are being addressed ASAP.

FW

Update: PayPal orders for Jughead from #1187 thru #1211 will be sent off this morning. All pkgs are being sent Priority Post - 3 business days. To date, PayPal orders #1147 thru #1211 have been sent and/or delivered. The remainder of orders should be fulfilled and sent out by Monday morning, July 9.
There was a couple days of down time as I have been trying to keep my face on. Apparently, it was not improper use of my respirator, it was the LACK of use when extracting Jugheads from the oven. Hot, toxic Poly Urethane gas is what burned my face and arms.
Note to self: Have wife pull Jugheads from oven from now on ;)

FACEWhisperer

FYI: Jughead - #4 Ukee Ladder Derby...

My # is 12027. where does that put me?

Hi AJ...sorry to hear about getting burned. Perfecting this takes some time. I am order # 12013....thanks for getting mine out next week. I'll let you know how we do. Fishing off Washington coast has been lights out...adding the Jugheads to the fish-killing tools.

Sounds good, hoping to have it for Bamfield on Friday.
Get well

Hey AJ, glad you are feeling better. If you could stop by my work that would be great or we could figure something out. I'm going up to Esperenza next Sat. and I only need one measly package! Thanks BRS

Recieved my jugheads today, they look great, will be fishing them tomorrow in sooke so i will post back and let you know how i make out! Thanks again !!!

Back