IS IT JUST Me

spring fever

I can't sleep and I am checking all my favourite sites trying to troll up some weather. This has to be the windiest spring I have ever seen-I have only managed one trip and short term cancelled 2 others due to wind. Am I getting too cautious in my old age or has anyone else noticed it?(not my old age) LOL

Your bang on..
Was planning on going over to Nootka Wednesday night..fish Thursday and Friday...thursdays forcast on Windty(every forcast for that matter)looks darn ugly...
Will plan again now sometime next week(fingers crossed)

Your bang on..
Was planning on going over to Nootka Wednesday night..fish Thursday and Friday...thursdays forcast on Windty(every forcast for that matter)looks darn ugly...
Will plan again now sometime next week(fingers crossed)
Yeah that's what keeps happening to me--I'm starting to look at 4 to 5 ft plus wind just to go and I know that's crap! You start convincing yourself--it ain't that bad!!-sat, sun mon looks liveable---til tomorrow-at least!!! LOL

Just pulled the pin on first planned trip to WCVI due to poor weather forecast. 2M seas at 8 sec. Wind S.E. 15 doesn't spell fun. Keep telling myself patients. Safety first. Hopefully things settle down soon.

Just pulled the pin on first planned trip to WCVI due to poor weather forecast. 2M seas at 8 sec. Wind S.E. 15 doesn't spell fun. Keep telling myself patients. Safety first. Hopefully things settle down soon.
What size boat are you in?

Ok..im going through withdrawals..
This wind sucks big time..
Ive been off last 2 wks and cancelled trips twice now.Waaaaaa
Boat has never looked so shiney with all the time ive spent waxing and polishing it

might try desolation sound this weekend just to get away and get rid of these shakes ;)

Ok..im going through withdrawals..
This wind sucks big time..
Ive been off last 2 wks and cancelled trips twice now.Waaaaaa
Boat has never looked so shiney with all the time ive spent waxing and polishing it

might try desolation sound this weekend just to get away and get rid of these shakes ;)

Don't know---Nootka looks ok late fri, all day sat and early sun. Morning-I'm takin the Circus come Hell or High water!! LOL

By far the worst year for wind during my annual June Ukee trip in at least a dozen years. What really got me is how many times in a single week it shifted between NW and SW winds. Been spoiled I guess as I can only recall one significant storm with big SW winds over the past 5 or 6 years and typically the worst it gets is later in the afternoon when the sun's out resulting in afternoon onshore thermals. This year's constant flipping from NW to SW kept it sloppy all week even on the couple of days it blew less than 15knots and the constant higher than forecast winds kept the period on the swells pretty short. Period was 7ft or less on 6 out of our 7 days of fishing - no fun when 7ft at 7 seconds had two of my newbie buddies sick in the first hour of the trip!!

Cheers!

Ukee

i am hoping this is the usual july blow, maybe we will get a nice july ,aug,sept!! wishfull thinking..

and pretty much any swell, nevermind 2m @8 sec is gross.

Back